Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kiwi Bucket builder

Golly

Hi folks, I built my first T Bucket when a young teenager growing up in New Zealand. I progressed on to other hot rods. Spent 20 yrs living in Los Angeles working for various racecar and street rod shops. Crewed on a Fuel Funny Car, went to Bonneville, spent many a drunken day at the Long Beach Swap Meet buying stuff i couldn't live with-out. Had a blast! Ended up marrying my ex-Texan bartender lady and brought her back to Kiwiland.
Am currently collecting parts for a T-Bucket project for next Winter ( your summer) cheers

Welcome to the site Golly. What type of T are you going to build. With experience like that it should be an awesome build. Looking forward to seeing it develope here.

Ron

Welcome, Mate.

Thanks guys, My first T was quite short on the wheelbase. 96'' I think. My roomate had one about a 15'' longer. Made a lot of difference in the ride and general ease of space around the engine. I plan to do similar this time around. NZ made body, ( quite roomy) 350,T350 and 9''. I plan to change out the wheels on my Pro Street truck ,so will use the wheels off that . Just collecting parts as they come along right now. Working in steel fabrication shop should help. cheers

hi,

welcome, if you are near PUTARURU look up a guy named dan oliver and tell him bernie said hi. great guy to know. he knows his stuff about engines and cabborators. he also dose air flowing on heads and intake manifolds.

look him up

I remember Golly from when I was a teenager living in New Plymouth down here in New Zealand.

To tell the truth, we went to the same primary (elementary) school and were both members of the same hot rod club back in the late 70s. His bucket was called the Ribbon Express back then and his flatmate Steve rebuilt his bucket in my parents shed. He was known as Golly due to his hair having Gollywog status way back then, when we could all still grow hair.

Pleased to read that you are going to build another one Golly.

Todd

Hi there Todd, yeah saw your name on some posts here before I signed up.
to Bernieswelding. I know Danny well. he built the motor for my '56 Chevy back in the 80's and I run in to him now and again. Yeah clever bloke. cheers

Yeah,Golly..welcome aboard..I might add,that Golly sold me a bunch of stuff when he moved back to NZ,,and has since been making noises about buying some of it back...Hmmm,,You need a bigger body since the last one,,dont ya??No good squeezin into a little original style 23.. :butt: Is it second T buckethood Golly??

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back