Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Lets get wired Youngn

LazVegas

Hi guys
I just started to remove the old electrical cluster mess in my car.
thanks Youngn 4 the info about Ur wiring kit. I'm ordering mine 2 Day
hope Ur set up goes ezzzzzy.

If there r any tips anyone car give me on this stage it will be greatly appreciated.

:cool: Laz

Don't forget to run an engine ground to the frame. :D

Duke the car has a ground from the motor. Do i also need to add a ground from the trans?

thanks
:cool: Laz

No, the motor ground should do it. Take your time and do one system at a time, charging, lights, accessories, etc. Don't forget to draw up a diagram when your done. I promise you, you will thank yourself for that later.

Ron

Youngster said:
No, the motor ground should do it. Take your time and do one system at a time, charging, lights, accessories, etc. Don't forget to draw up a diagram when your done. I promise you, you will thank yourself for that later.

Ron

Great advice. Although, I think you should draw the diagram as you go. Then it will be "as it is" instead of how "I'm sure it is"

Good point. I usually end up changing something along the way, that's why I wait till the end. Either way, you will be thankful and so will the next caretaker of your car.

Ron

Mark every wire at BOTH ENDS with tape. Another thing that I personally like is to leave extra wire at the end to wherever you are going to connect it to and wind it up like a telephone cord (wound up) like a brake line or spring. IMO it leaves flex room and looks cool. A friend of mine built spring cars and such and said they did this a lot to keep the wire from stretching and breaking or if they needed to cut it and resolder something they had the extra wire there already...
Post pics up as you go along and good luck!

Does anybody install a plug in the wirng harness incase you have to pull the body off?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back