Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Lexan Windshield

Discussion in 'Bodies' started by Indycars, Sep 20, 2018.

1. lincolnuT

lincolnuT
    Expand Collapse

Retired
    :(:sleep: don't think about them

2. 2old2fast

2old2fast
    Expand Collapse

sorta retired
    Spanky , if that's a stock length body , you're really short !!

lincolnuT likes this.
  3. Island Girl

Island Girl
    Expand Collapse

Manager

He used to be 6' 3" until he started driving around in that stock length body . . . . :D

rbsWELDER and Spanky like this.
  4. skinny mike

skinny mike
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

retired.
    Like the shorter shield. Thumbs up! About bug cleaning..I would soak a towel in hot water (for my mc windshield), cover it for a while and it would soften the bugs so they would easily wipe off. I used Plexus (?) to clean/polish and wiped horizontally, not in a circle. Never got those "haloes'. I guess you could wipe vertically, but, the idea is one direction only, always! Worked great for me .Love your car!!!!

Indycars likes this.
  5. Spanky

Spanky
    Expand Collapse

You're right! I'm 5'-4" . . . perfect T-bucket size! :confused::rolleyes::roflmao:

rbsWELDER likes this.
  6. Indycars

Indycars
    Expand Collapse

Went for a nice ride yesterday, about 40 miles. It's definitely windier, at 12-1/2 inches high the
    wind does not go over you. But I still like it, now the wife, that's a different story.

Got to remember ...... Don't Look Up! I did and the wind ripped my hat and 3M WorkTunes
    right off my head. There was no catching it, it was there and then it wasn't. But all it did besides
    a few scratches was change the channel.

WorkTunes.JPG

7. fletcherson

fletcherson
    Expand Collapse

I put a ton of effort into just making my 23 standard able to drive. Three pedals made it even tighter. No way I could sit down on the floor, 6” riser was as low as I could go to have room to work the clutch due to knee bend. If I would ever start another T, which is not likely, I would do a stretched or over sized tub. With the riser, I can rest my elbow, arm comfortably on top of the door/tub. I look over the short windshield, but the steering wheel, shifter, and pedals are useable. I don’t know how long I will be able to go at a time due to not being able to stretch out my legs. Tilt/telescope column really helped ingress, egress. If the tub was 4”-6” longer and wider it would be much more comfortable. I seriously considered stretching it or buying a larger tub, but stretching the frame would have been very difficult because of how the rear suspension lift bars, etc pivoted... that’s the price of buying an existing car and trying to adapt it to my vision... I like my T, but I’m regretting passing on the 41 Willy’s coup that I was looking at when I found it. The 427 and other priod parts on the T sucked me in... just another toy. I’m trying to get things buttoned up do I can actually get back to working on the T. I’m hoping to finish it over the winter.
    lol! Been there. I used to wear a similar radio/ear protection on the tractor or whatever noisy machine I was on until I got addicted to my iPod... my choise of music and nothing else. As for the wife, mine goes into full revolt if I put the top down... my hair!... funny, when we dated I was always on two wheels or in a drop top and no complaints... oh well, she can just stay home if she don’t like it!

Indycars likes this.
  8. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse

15 Body with a 3" stretch. Its very tight but most people who have sat in it says its the most comfortable T they have been in. Helped by the steering column and the seats shape there is no interference between legs and elbows and plenty of foot room. The bottom curve of the seat sits 1/8" above the floor.

body dimensions [640x480] (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

aoff.JPG

front 1.4.JPG

9. BrianD

BrianD
    Expand Collapse

Retired Volvo Techician
    I've been working on my windshield frame this week and I need to get a piece of glass. I understand it needs to be laminated safety glass, does it need to be "automotive" safety glass or is plain laminated ok? Also should I use silicone, urethane or setting tape to seal it?

10. 409T

409T
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Retired
    The easy way is to simply take the frame to the glass people and let them provide the correct glass and set it in the frame for you.

tfeverfred and Spanky like this.
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Expand Collapse

Receiving Clerk
    That's what I did on my first T and the cost was minimal.

12. PotvinGuy

PotvinGuy
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Quantum Mechanic (semi-retired)
    Or use Lexan, cheaper and lighter. eBay sellers will cut it to your spec. I use 1/4" with my full frame, but thicker is available. And be sure to get the anti-scratch coating.