Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Long wheelbase vs short wheelbase

George, You are soooo right about the new sticky tires, just not the same anymore at the drags, I remember when Don G. brought his dragster to the Long Beach strip, went the first 200 and smoked the tires allllllll the way through the lights, HARD...
Another friend had a 55 Ford pickup with a blown Chiz.. used to turn about 12.40 when he was driving it everyday as his paint truck.. he put it in the garage, and it sat there for a number of years, finally He wanted to run it at the drags, got it out and the ONLY thing he did to it was new tires, it now ran in the 10's... Crazy... hard to believe that only tires make that big of a difference...:ciao:

All I have to say is Ted Brown has been there and done that.
Yes, you can say ted and I have been friends for many years.
I wish I had known him when I started my "T". I was in high school and read lots of Hot Rod and Rod and Customs...
The Legshow has a 88 inch wheel base....that's what I though would "look" the way I wanted.
For the one's that though I did not drive it....They should have been in
Beaver Utah when I lost control in the rain...That was almost the end of the car and me.
Also Wild Mango was on the mark on being squirrely....
Don't let this stop you from heaving a great ride. Just know what you have and understand what your doing.
Dan

Ted you made a comment one time about the turning radius of my car. The turning radius does seem to be more than i would like. What did you mean ,i think about your comment from time to time.

Well I drove mine around and I need a parking lot to make my turns.....
DSCN4231.jpg

And the kids loved it too.
DSCN4239.jpg

Ted Brown said:
Now that is some great window cleaner... hehe Looks like a fun ride, as the kids LOVE IT!!!! :cry: Just drive sane with them inside...

Trust me I do...I wouldn't know what I'd do if I hurt or lost them. That is one of the reasons why I did not channel the car so that way we sit deep inside and they are buckled too.

Keep kids safe so they can carry on the bucket legend. Is it like the song give me 40 acres and I will turn this bucket around.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back