Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Love bugs

Bagman

Any of you Florida guys seeing any love bugs yet? They just showed up here in SW FL yesterday. Pain in the butt to say the least.

I have seen a few here in the Ocala area, not real bad yet, but they are starting to hatch, won't be long.

I ran into a couple today on my way to Sanford. Where I usually get them in droves is crossing the bridge over Lake Jessup on the 417 in the evening. I've had it so bad there that I could hardly see out the windshield and between the washer and wipers I had it even worse!

Jim

Any of you Florida guys seeing any love bugs yet? They just showed up here in SW FL yesterday. Pain in the butt to say the least.
Bagman, we're are from? I'm also in SWFL.

Picture, anyone. Not sure what they are!

WOW I think I will put up with snow instead of the mess

They're called love bugs because they mate rear to rear with the female in front and they fly coupled together rather slowly with the female leading and the male flying in reverse. ( Talk about female dominance. LOL.) They have two seasons with one in spring. If you don't get them off your painted surfaces within a day or so they tend to eat into the surface. However a quick blast of a hose will clear most all of the problem. Whereas up north I had to shovel for hours to clear away snow from my walks and drive and then suffer through all the pot holes and trashed roads forever. All and all, I will NEVER miss living in northeast Ohio!!!

Jim

Gawd, I hate those damn things.

Thanks. ;)

They're called love bugs because they mate rear to rear with the female in front and they fly coupled together rather slowly with the female leading and the male flying in reverse. ( Talk about female dominance. LOL.) They have two seasons with one in spring. If you don't get them off your painted surfaces within a day or so they tend to eat into the surface. However a quick blast of a hose will clear most all of the problem. Whereas up north I had to shovel for hours to clear away snow from my walks and drive and then suffer through all the pot holes and trashed roads forever. All and all, I will NEVER miss living in northeast Ohio!!!

Jim
Pot holes and calcium chloride is harder on cars than love bugs... the bugs are bad about plugging up radiators.

When I was stationed in Tampa, I was coming to PA on leave and had to stop to clean the radiator off in Lake City! They sure are a miserable bug........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back