Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Major body work accomplished this weekend.

Humidi-T

Well, I merged the two decks sunday. I didn't like the miniskirt look of the single deck shell, so I used a second deck to close it in. Gives it a more completed look in my opinion.
View attachment 1742

Lot's of sweaty work by one's self!

View attachment 1743

I'm open to opinions. It will be all glassed togethor this fall ( the decks to gethor, not to the body. That would make it very hard to take off.)

Mouse over them and they will blow up. Lookin good their, Sos. Starting to look like Jim Hoffman's (EX-JUNK) hot rod. Well, sorta...

Lee_in_KC said:
Mouse over them and they will blow up. Lookin good their, Sos. Starting to look like Jim Hoffman's (EX-JUNK) hot rod. Well, sorta...

Ah, I see, pun intended. Needs alot more work, but I gotta take baby steps. At least I'm driving it now. And having a blast. 6lbs per horsepower! Needs more power. Blower is next.

That's going to be a nice amount of storage area, something that I never seem to have enough of. The only problem is when you take the wife along, she views this as a place to fill with potential purchases.

Jeff

Looks good. The only thing I would think about doing different is, taking about 2 or 3 inches off the bottom one. Only to make it look more like a roll pan to the top one.

Hey Sos, not sure what you thought was a pun, but I was referring to KOALA-T/EX JUNK's turtledeck. He did something similar to what you're doing...

turtledeck.jpg

Lee_in_KC said:
Hey Sos, not sure what you thought was a pun, but I was referring to KOALA-T/EX JUNK's turtledeck. He did something similar to what you're doing...

turtledeck.jpg

Mouse over them and they will blow up// I see" that was the pun.

That up there is a beauty piece of work. But requires a good amount of fabrication and molding to accomplish. I wanted mine to look like two turtle decks molded into one unit.

Just remember every T is different. Make yours the way you want that makes it your own.

if you have to mount the t-deck that high to cover something, i don't think i would trim it at all. if you can mount it lower, even an inch will make a big difference.

one finger ... those are 'glass repos of a '23 type t-deck. the CCr deck is an abrieviated '26-7 deck. look at babby huey's picks ... he used one of those.

Ron

Youngster said:
if you have to mount the t-deck that high to cover something, i don't think i would trim it at all. if you can mount it lower, even an inch will make a big difference.

one finger ... those are 'glass repos of a '23 type t-deck. the CCr deck is an abrieviated '26-7 deck. look at babby huey's picks ... he used one of those.

Ron

The deck is actually mounted at the body relief lines on the body, not mounted high to cover anything. My bucket has zero channeling and I lengthened and widened it. It's a very comfortable riding bucket. It does leave the butt end kind of high, but I'm not dissatisfied with the looks, and I like the closed in deck much better than the mini skirt look. But to each his own, my flamingo is a darker pink than others'.:D

I like a fella that likes to make his own trails, as I am just not a follower, either.. Looks good, I just sold two T decks to a young fellow that I think may be doing the very same thing... Maybe I should have kept them for myself.. hehe O-well, glad He is on His way to a fun ride like you... :D

i wasn't knockin what you have done. always thought a t-deck by it's self looked unfinished. i like the look your gonna have. enjoy!!

Ron

Ted Brown said:
I like a fella that likes to make his own trails, as I am just not a follower, either.. Looks good, I just sold two T decks to a young fellow that I think may be doing the very same thing... Maybe I should have kept them for myself.. hehe O-well, glad He is on His way to a fun ride like you... :D

I can't exactly claim the idea as my own, though the application is all mine. Dean-o fired the idea for me, but it's a little different use.

Ted Brown said:

Thanks old man. I'm having a blast in it right now. Not alot of them in this area. It gets alot of looks. Best one was the other night, an old codger pulled up next to me in a new caddy. He rolled down the window and asks if I built it myself and when I responded with a yes sir, he said "good for you! not enough buckets on the road nowadays. I miss mine!" then off he drove. I wish I could have jumped behind him, I'd have let him take it for a spin. But I was on a schedule.

Still grinning

"Flamingo is a darker pink than others" Is that what you call it? And...uh...was it left out in the sun and got burnt? Just askin'. You don't have to answer.

one finger john said:
"Flamingo is a darker pink than others" Is that what you call it? And...uh...was it left out in the sun and got burnt? Just askin'. You don't have to answer.

How many birds out there are as outlandish as the Pink Flamingo? Just one weird a$$ bird. Kinda like a bucket head. The flaminko is the mascot of bucket heads. I wasn't in touch with my feminine side (if I had one, could I touch it?) just a throw back to another reference.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back