Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Middle seat from dodge

Johnny

Well, I picked up a short bench from a caraven. Took the base off, took the seat belts off the side, and it still won't fit!!!! I have the stretched body from Herman, but it's not wide enough for the bench. Man! This seat really looks good, too. I wish this body was just 3 inches wider! I know some folks widen their T's, but I'm not that skilled. Anyone have any other ideas for seats? I think I'm going to have to go with the Tempress boat seats. They look like they would work. Have short backs and I can get some sliders that will bolt to the floor. They don't have springs in them, just high density foam.

Any suggestions?

How wide is that seat? I have a gray leather middle van seat ( button tufted) from a '92 Astro van. I can measure it.

Reference to your van seat that is what we used. the first thing I did was removed the material and the springs. Tak e and find the exact center of the seat bottom and back. If you leave the back attached then you can do both at the same time. Mark the center. Now from the center line split the amount you need to remove. In your case and mine I have a Hermans body and a dodge mini van seat. I found that removing 4" total will be perfect due to when you add the foam back and material you'll need it. Remove 2" from both sides of the line and reweld it back together. Then take your springs and reinstall. Cut off the extra and do the same with the foam. That way you keep the contours of the seat. I believe I have the pics on my Photobucket under H-Ace-T. Email me if you need more I can help.

Here are some of the photos...I hope this helps.

172.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

DSCN1568.jpg

DSCN4250.jpg

now THAT"S a seat! Great work!

Beautiful work! Thanks for the idea. I don't weld, but I can do the cutting and maybe some hotrodders that live close could do some welding for me.. HINT HINT

Any of you Texas boys that live around the Dallas Ft Worth area and would like to help a welderless fella, send me a PM.

Thanks

Johnny I sent you a PM. If you need it welded give me a shout. Always willing to help.

Eric

Johnny, the NTBA site Tech Forum has a list of Junk Yard seats and their dimensions. You might want to take a look at it.
Ron A.

Well, cut down the seat and my good friend eafree welded it up for me yesterday. Fits like a glove. Used an electric carving knife to cut down the foam. I'm going to like this seat a lot. I'll post pics later.

Well, cut down the seat and my good friend eafree welded it up for me yesterday. Fits like a glove. Used an electric carving knife to cut down the foam. I'm going to like this seat a lot. I'll post pics later.

mysmilie_2471.gif

Fantastic job!

Sweet :hoist:

Looking good. Looks like your already to hit the highway.

Eric

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back