Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Midwest new guy

Well Sonny, let me tell you. This is the best T-Bucket and membership in the world. Also, in reference to your son, my 4yr old grandson, won't speak to me, because I stored a T-Bucket at my son's house. When I sold it, he was so mad at me for selling "HIS" hot rod, he could bite nails in half with his bare teeth, ha. We have resolved our differences, by me buying another T-Bucket, which is stored at his house.

I am a third generation hot rodder (My dad was an original "Thunder Road" driver, with a 1939 Ford Coupe, that cops in New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma couldn't begin to catch, on old highway 66. That is until they shot out his tires and put him through the windshield. I was over 40 yrs old, before my mom told me the story, about dad's scar from his mouth to his ear. All those years, I thought it was a winkle." My claim to fame was chasing my buddy in my '60 Ford Sunliner 20 miles, before he pulled over. I had a great surprise, I had been chasing an Oklahoma Hiway Patrol car, instead.

Anyway the purpose of my rambling is your son. Quality time with your kids, can never be made of for, or replaced. Get him involved, talk to him and ask his opinion, even tho it may not make a lot of sense. Take him serious, even tho you want to laugh your azz off. Hot rods can create a bond between father and son, like nothing else in this world. Do HP instead of drugs. It will bring an old meaning to "Speed", for them. If it is fast and noisy, they will love it.

You must be referring to my 121" bucket, which I built in 1977. Once you have driven a LWB and switch to the SWB on the hiway, you will suddenly have a new respect for the LWB. Just giving you a hard time, "whatever chokes your chicken, is the way to go."

To each his own, my 95 1/2" WB drives great at any speed. Plus all the AG/S cars that ran at 200, and plenty short, went through the traps straight arrow.. All depends on the setup, I see so many that can use redoing, never too late to change, till you crash... :lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back