Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Miss Behavin' wreck by a cop car.

He doesnt have to have a witness, the traffic light is the best witness a guy could have. If it were green for oncoming it was green for him too; oncoming traffic did not have a dedicated left turn light and must yield according to Fred.

Fred, I am truly sorry to hear this news. I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling. I wish there was some way to help you out, other than just adding my sympathies to the rest.

Glad your OK Fred and I hope Mis Behavin' will be alright.

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you are feeling alright, though its usually the 2nd day after the accident you will start feeling the effects. Hopefully you can rebuild it with out to much issue.

I cannot see how the "You ran a red light" defense will hold up seeing that he turned in front of you. Any good attorney will surely point that out.

Make sure you do get a decent lawyer as they will try and get out quick and cheap.

Well, I went to the storage lot and they are closed on Sundays.:confused: But I went to the accident scene and got pictures of the intersection and the traffic light setup. I may need these later.

I also checked my thread on the HAMB and it seems someone in a passing car saw the accident and posted a picture. Their account is new, so they must have did a search to find my thread or something. Anyway, this is a pic that he or she took.

accident.jpg

Look at Miss Behavin's wheel all jacked up. This hurts and I'm getting more and more pissed of as I think about it.

Hang in there buddy. Get a signed statement if possible from the witness and go so a lawyer. Try to keep your cool as the thin blue line will close ranks, let the legal beagles do the dirty work.

I'm so glad you came out with only minor injuries. The man upstairs was watching out for you.

God Bless
Jim

I am really not looking forward to seeing the pictures! Very glad to hear that you walked away from it though.

A consultation with a lawyer is probably a good idea, dont forget though that they are bottom feeders in their own right. The cops are going to try to cover their own rears, but if you aren't carefull the lawyer might end up with every penny the city coughs up.

Just when you thought your car was safe.......what a kick in the b***s. :sad:

Wow Fred

I'm glad you're OK. Sorry to hear about your car. I've been traveling and just read this. Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I really hope it turns out alright. Hope you don't have any long term problems.

Mike

damn fred thats a bit-ch. sorry to hear about it. mis behavin just got real expensive huh. thank god you wasnt hurt bad. its the 7th and i just heard about it. i saw where you said you were coming to galveston[if its still there after another hurricane] never met you but you would be welcome to ride in my old beater anytime. i still plan on showing up fri at the commodore if the weather allows mike

Update

I posted this on the HAMB, but it's for you guys too. I'm just too tired to try and write what I want to say all over again.

Well, here's an update. I got a call this morning from my Insurance company. CHROME Insurance. Seems the local agent didn't check a box on my paperwork and I don't have collision coverage. Bottomline, I'm not getting any money from insurance to fix my car. I cursed and yelled and all my agent could do was ay how sorry he was. He says he's going to make some more phone calls, but I'm not hopeful. The insurance company says they have to go by what was submitted. Lesson of the day: READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SIGN YOUR NAME TO. It may not be what you wanted or need.

On a positive note, I had a meeting with a good attorney who was recommended to me and he was VERY hopeful in getting a settlement. He'll know more when he gets the accident report filed by the police. He's a car guy and made me feel a little better about things, but he also mentioned that the city of Houston pays slow. I wonder how quick they would want to get paid, if the accident had been my fault? He also had an interest in how my insurance company screwed me. He thinks he may be able to do something about that too. Not money wise, just filing a formal complaint and getting them fined.

I went and saw my doctor and got more xrays. He's concentrating on seeing if my injuries will have any long term effects. I woke up this morning and like a few people said, I was a little stiff in my knees. Not bad, but enough to get my attention.

So, tomorrow, I'm having my car towed to my job from the storage lot. A friend who is a wrecker driver is going to help me with the storage and wrecker fees.

My budget is going to be smaller than when I first built her, but I'll just do it like I did before, one piece at a time. I want to thank everyone for the offers to help out and when I find out what the damages are and compile a list, I'll get in touch. My target date for completing the redo is Round Up 2009. I'll be drivin' her there.

I've met a few cheats, liars and jerks the last few days. I've lost some respect for those who say they protect and serve, but I've also learned I have a lot of good friends out there and that is a great comfort. Hot Rodders are truly a breed above all others.

Hey: I've always said if the world was into hot rods there would be now wars. We get along worldwide!!

Hang in there Fred, good things do happen to good people in the end. There maybe dark clouds now and the near future, but the sun will shine in the resurrection of Miss Behavin, like the Phoenix reborn from it's own ashes. You are alive and have Your family and hot rodder friends, and the respect of many veterans you have befriended at the VA hospital. Family and relationships are what is really a persons life and important, the car is a material thing that can be fixed. Sometimes things are just what they are and we have to deal with it. Do not let this incident change you and make you bitter to-wards people IE. Police and Insurance agents or lawyers. These people are recruited from the human race and have faults just like you and me, some are good and some are bad - thats just the way it is.
Miss Behavin will be on the road again, better than ever, this your opportunity to change things that you were thinking about in the back of your mind. Rock on Fred, the calvery is just a web page away. :D

I just got a call from Butch telling me about your accident Fred. I am so sorry to here about you and Miss behavin'. I know how dissapointing this must be. Not having our embassador on the road is heart breaking. Please give me a call if you need anything. I've recieved parts and help from wonderful people on this site and paying forward would certainly be a way to pay back. You are a wonderful man Fred and loved by many of us on this site. I will give you a few more days to get well. I'll give you a call soon.

Your friend
thomas:)

So Sorry to hear about this Fred...just glad you are OK.

That must be really hard to see your car messed up like that. BUT, be patient, there is not doubt, she will be back, better than ever!

Fred,
your surely welcome to call me @ 281-259-8209 and see what I can do to help you get back on the road. I have a shop, trailer, tools, and two greasy hands that may be handy. That hard drive under this gray hair is full so don't ask too many tech questions.... :D

Fred, I have not seen a picture of your bucket yet but I bet you probably need a radiator. I have an xtra one that I picked up it's yours if you need it just help with shipping. Lar;)

Jeesh Fred, Ive been following this since it happened , I feel for ya bud! I know you have alot of effort and expense in your hotrod much like the rest of us.
Be thankful you walked away from it. I never have trusted the law and now it has become even worse. Its a sad day in america when you have to go to court to prove your innocent instead of guilty. Hang tough and youll be back on the road despite the idiots, its the hotrodder way. See ya in the chatroom sometime!! Paul aka butterfinger

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back