Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Mouse Fart" Billet Scratches Cure

AZCOWBO

If you have a piece of billet on your rod, you know what I am referring to. It seems everytime a mouse farts, my billet has scratch or a small ding on it. With all the billet I have on my "Billet-T", I have tried every top of finish polish known to man and have become an expert, which is defined as, "Anyone who is 20mi. from home with an opinion."

I am not an endorser for the following products, but strongly recommend them for billet and paint.

Hot Flash Products, Super Billet Polish, which somehow gets the black residue to stay on the polishing cloth, instead of smearing it around on the billet. Its chemical makeup fills the pores of the billet and gives an amazing show chrome type finish. They have developed an amazing line of automotive products.

Enelko - The owner of Enelko, was the developer of Rain-EX, which he sold for $90M, a few years ago. He became bored, and went back to his lab and developed Sani-Shield Sanatizing products. Since his first love is automotive products, he started developing non-corrosive eco-friendly detailing products, such as Shine and Show for Wheels, Shine and Show for paint rejuvenation and detailing. As you know billet begins oxidizing almost immediately if you don't keep it sealed from the air. After polishing, I tried Show and Shine for paint on the billet with amazing results. It is the only product, that I have found, that I can wipe a white cloth over the billet and not immediately get black residue on it. You guys in bucket land my have some other ideas, that makes your bucket shine, such as baking flour. Share your experiences with the mambers.

Ron

I think that if you try the HOT FLASH product line you will really like it Rooster. I, too, USED to swear by Mothers but no more.

Jim

Hello guys. after having several bikes with more billet and chrome than the law allows I have tried everything and ran across Flitz polish and it will do a better job than anything else I've tried and doesn't leave the fine scratches on chrome like several other well know products will and does a ten times better job on removing bluing off of chrome than any thing I've found, works on finishes like Jet Hot too, removes the chalky residue that they get if its been too hot, and it's quick. Works on paint, plastic and anything that you would polish. Have you ever used it to give me a comparison to the products you have mentioned? :cool:

Another Hot Flash fan, here. Just got my kit from Fred last week. Used it in Mountain Home. Did a side-by-side comparison of Hot Flash, Mother's and Wenol on my blower. Asked several bucketheads to pick the "best" shine, and they all picked the Hot Flash. Woulda took pitchers, but I left the battery for my camera sitting in the charger on the kitchen counter!! :rolleyes:

Also, if you're not using micro-fiber towels to polish, get 'em!! Better than cotton diapers or flour-sack dish towels.

I have found that Green Magic is some awesome polish... a small bottle that is about 12oz is about $15.00 but I think its well worth it...JMO

I have not tried any of those so I cant personally compare:sad:

I wonder if we could get Hot Flash to support the sight? I use mothers just because they sponcer Hot Rod TV...???:cool:

I will make a call. What is the cost? and obviously the benegits would be 1400+ members, potentially buying their product. RPM might have a better chance and sales pitch than me.

1400 + that love to spread the word with new members daily. I have no clue how the logistics would go, or the cost. I have never seen anyone greedy on this sight but I guaranty ya when I see sponcer they get my business. :cool: I think Ex-Junk may know these people??? I'm up in Virginia this week Jim, Is that the guys card you had?

Here is a link to Hot Flash: Hot Flash Auto & Motorcycle Care.

In case you are interested, he named the product after his wife, Karen. It really is a great product line and a great guy to deal with. I use nothing else on my two street rods. I have tried just about everything that is out there on the market and nothing compares to what Fred has developed and markets.

Jim

Don't you sleep either? I had to take some of the guys to dinner last night so we didn't eat till late. Eat late, no sleep. It'll make for a long day. :cool: The only real nice part is that the weather is beautiful here in the shanandoa valley.

EX JUNK said:
Here is a link to Hot Flash: Hot Flash Auto & Motorcycle Care.

In case you are interested, he named the product after his wife, Karen. It really is a great product line and a great guy to deal with. I use nothing else on my two street rods. I have tried just about everything that is out there on the market and nothing compares to what Fred has developed and markets.

Jim

You couldn't ask for better people. Unkle Fwed is a damned fine fellow. Always willing to help. As a background, Fred built a Bucket that was named "All Polished T" or APT. it represented it's name very well, as everything on the car was polished Stainless, aluminum, or Chrome. Right down to the polished Aluminum Donovon block. He's spent a great deal of money doing the research on his product line and I too will attest to the quality of his wares. Damned fine stufff. He's expanded his line too.

I contacted Fred early this morning and sent him a link to this thread. He was quite impressed and said that he had to run but that he would get back to me for further discussion.

Jim

That is great thanks guys, Nice to know he is also a fellow bucket brother. I look forward to placing my first order in the near future. Verlito looks forward to using it. LOL. :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back