Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mr. Bill requested - DCMJ posts his project...

Mr Bill was kind enough to ask for pix. Just to prove I'm not a total poser, here are some snaps of my project in happier times. Divorce put me and my project mostly into storage for the time being.

P1000564.JPG

Sorta 3/4 view as I was starting to fit the grille shell.

P1000563.JPG

Head-on. No straight axle here. The shop that built my frame managed to fit a Heidt's SuperRide II.

We're going for a circle-track look with T-Bucket estethics.

wheeled.JPG

GenYouWhine Winter's Grand National, full-floater 9"...

Don't be too hard on me, my son selected the subject for our project...

I would post an image of my son, but for some reason links stopped working here - did I exceed some limit I'm not aware of?

Cool, I like it.

There's a chromed/polished Flaming River rack that sticks out front. I decided I liked the look and placement of the nose behind the crossmember more than I liked trying to hide the rack. Still looks good in my humble opinion with the rack out there in the air.

2" dropped spindles, 11.5" GM brakes. Overkill but those stocker 8" looked puny inside of a 15" wheel let alone the 17's I'm running.

Heidt's does a nice job with the look. The only thing that might look even hotter would be one of their Indy front ends up there with inboard shocks. Maybe next time.

This is an Old Dog Street Rods/Main Street Rod Company chassis. The owner of that shop was a primary leader in the push to get the SEMA-SAN rules for street rods enacted in Missouri.

A porch full of boxes - almost better 'n Christmas.

001%2520%25282%2529.JPG

What was inside?

002%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Rear hub, lots of parts to assemble; keeps the tinkerer in me happy...

002.JPG

The stagger, lttle 'n littler for now.

back%2520to%2520front%2520stagger.JPG

March ribbed-belt non-serpentine and my low mount alternator, bracket from Alan Grove.

Tucked in tight and out of sight, just the way I wanted it. A little black paint and the bracketry all but disappeared.

P1000463.JPG

Gennie Shifter e-brake and tall lever shifter. TH350

P1000465.JPG

Here is the cockpit perspective. D'oh! Some idiot didn't get that e-brake lined up right on the first try...

P1000552.JPG

We'll see how this works out.

P1000550.JPG

P1000551.JPG

My 'designer'. Tough kid. Our day at the Blumenhof Winery, Dutzow Missouri

Jay%2520meets%2520Dawn%2520Weber.jpg

I really like it. Please eep up with the pictures.

If I showed you it in its current state, it'd bring tears to your eyes. It does mine. 2-1/2 years + in storage and no change in status in sight.

Divorce sux the proverbial big one, but the alternative was even worse. I can work and earn a living, just can't do it where I want so I've had to settle for less to live where I need to be, near my son.

Someday. In the meantime, I count my blessings and am happy with that.

I'm doing a terrible job at acknowledging. Gentlemen, thanks for the comments.

Perhaps I'll get the picture thing sussed out and you will be able to see more than a thumbnail. Probably my image source, Picasa seems to not be at all like the others. I'll be trying an alternative soon.

I like the direction you were heading, hopefully you can get back at it one day soon.

Sold. I couldn't justify hauling it to Phoenix with me when I had no idea when I'd have a place to work on it again.

Thanks to Ron and our late Sysop, someone else in Missouri is now making their own.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back