Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Bouncing T

392 Hemi T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
While driving at about 40 my T likes to bounce like a ball .... I think I know how to fix the Back , But have no clue whats going on in the front ... Can anyone HELP .... Thanks

It sounds like you may have a wheel out of balance or a tire out of round. Do you have tube or friction shocks in the front? What suspension in the rear? If you have really big rear tires and one is severely out of round or out of balance, it may make the whole car hop.

Last edited:
What Bob said... Mine did that. Tightening the friction shocks took care of it. Give us some more details. What type of front suspension and shocks ? Is this car new to you ? Did the problem just start ? How do the brakes feel ? Any other info that seems relevant can help. There is a lot of combined experience and tech knowledge here but we need to narrow it down.
Good luck

Hey thanks guys ... Well it has friction shocks up front ... The rear is a 1984 vette rear ... The car is a new build ... No front brakes ... Rear tires are Hoosier Quick time pro's I think they had to much air at 18 pounds so I brough them down to 10 .... The friction shocks are not the kind that go to the frame of the car they are underneath the front springs .... The front tires are firestones and they are radials I think thats a no no but not sure .... Thanks again for the Help

What Bob said... Mine did that. Tightening the friction shocks took care of it. Give us some more details. What type of front suspension and shocks ? Is this car new to you ? Did the problem just start ? How do the brakes feel ? Any other info that seems relevant can help. There is a lot of combined experience and tech knowledge here but we need to narrow it down.
Good luck
So today I went out to check the friction shocks and boy were they lose .... So I took out my torque wrench and torque them both down to 30 lbs ... That made a BIG difference .... I might go to 40 lbs ... Thanks

Maybe someone will jump in with a recommended torque. I don't know what they should be. I am much higher than 30PSI. I will put the torque wrench on and see, but I bet closer to 60-70. Anyway, it seems you are on the right track now.

Maybe someone will jump in with a recommended torque. I don't know what they should be. I am much higher than 30PSI. I will put the torque wrench on and see, but I bet closer to 60-70. Anyway, it seems you are on the right track now.

It's looking good right now .... I hope the trend keeps going .... Thanks again for the help

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back