Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

my T project begins!

chopper tom

clonetruckpics026.jpg

Here's the starting point.
Body frame and corvair box and some suspention parts.
I want a really racked look on the body and frame and thinking of pot steering [or some call it suicide steering]
clonetruckpics028.jpg
it.

Varoom Varoom whop whop whop whop -- You did do the engine noise, don't try to get out of it, you did, didn't ya. :ciao::lol::lol::lol:

Great start, most people don't have that much to start with. :cool:
You did the engine sounds, didn't ya? :ciao:

Don't do a wheelie or you are gonna fall off that rack!! :ciao::lol: That picture looks very familiar, I bet lots of us have one just like it in our collection (except a different driver :razz:)

Good start Tom, keep us posted.

Don

Wow, you're almost there...an engine/trans, some wheels, a radiator and a gastank( ask Fred if you can borrow his little red one) and you're off for 'burgers.

Ron

The BEST part of that whole build iz......You got a little guy there to learn with ya and help ya out !! Don't leave him out of it !! He will be sooooo proud to have a hand in what your building and that will stay with him all the rest of his life ! No Video Game will ever do that !
:cool: "BH"

Baby Huey said:
The BEST part of that whole build iz......You got a little guy there to learn with ya and help ya out !! Don't leave him out of it !! He will be sooooo proud to have a hand in what your building and that will stay with him all the rest of his life ! No Video Game will ever do that !
:cool: "BH"

Boy i sure wish he saw it your way ,he would way rather play video games .
I try to get him involved but i guess i burned him out early on .
Mabie he'll come around later on ,i aint givin up on him .

Looks good, Chopper! If you think you were looking foolish sittin' in that bucket, check out my video of me riding around on my Bucket without the body!:rolleyes: people across the street, still give me a hard time about it!

I hope ya get that youngster involved, Lord knows where I'd be now, if I had had something like that going on in the garage. Keep us posted.

Ok guys ifinally got some more stuff done this weekend and i can kinda see the light at the end of the tunnle.
so fare i have home made coil spring buckets with a camaro front shocks in them and i made some latter bars for the rear. up front i used a 50 chevy truck and a trailer spring and home made some batwings and some speedway parts the front is about done if i can get the money for the harpins and make a panhard bar ,she would be a roller!!!!!
Next is the motor mounts tranny mounts ,steering box,and brake pedal ,,,yada yada yada!!

tomsT002.jpg

tomsT003.jpg

tomsT001.jpg

Jeeze Chop...at this rate you'll be running by the end of next month!! Did you sit in it again and make those varoom noises?

Ron

If i can get my oil pump problem figured out i want have to make them vroom noises [at least not out loud,ha ha] wont be much longer i hope !

Nice work Tom, what ya going to use for an engine?

Picture045.jpg
thinking of going ahead and useing my 327 sbc in it ,was gonna use a 4 cyl but o'well?
Heres the work i got done today, bed is mocked up but i think i will be needing to move the rear end up about 5'' or so ?
What do you guys think?
Picture047.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Once you get a gas tank and gas in the back it will squat and have a good stance.
Be careful with the front on mine when the tierod sleeve was installed it was sitting to low so when you hit a bump it hit the frame. Ended up putting in a regular front spring. They had an underslung at first.

The bed looks good. I think I would extend it to the back of the tires though.

Ron

Wow!,finally back on board.Sorry that i could not post ,been really buisey at work and working long hard hours this summer.
And i got her up and driving and could'nt post for some thing was wrong with my e-mail account ? But i have got it all fixed i hope.
Oboy i got a lot done scence i last posted.been driveing it and titled licened and all!!!!
Trying to get the bugs worked out of it now.
Got a bad death woble thing going on right now and fighting to fix it?
I love to drive it ,its the fasted,wildest thing that i ever owned,and the standerd works great in it!:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back