Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My wife made me do it

My ex was kind of like that. She never made me get rid of any of my projects but about once a month I would find my favorite pair of ratty old shoes in the trash. I would retrieve them and the cycle would begin again. She finally won. I don't know if it's a power thing or not but wives can be funny about our favorite stuff.

When i got laid off i told the wife i was going to sell the Rat Fink and she started to cry and said she would get another job so we/she could keep it.We go cruising and we leave about 4 pm and she wont let me come back till 10 or 11 even though we both had to go to work the next day.And thats EVERY night.I might divorce her just to get some rest.hehehe

It has to be really tough having a wife that does not enjoy the car scene. I consider myself VERY fortunate to not only have a wife that enjoys the cruising but also the building of my projects. She is always ready to help. As a mater of fact, when STREET ROD BUILDER did a feature on my '37 Chevy there was a picture of Nan block sanding the bottom of the floor pan. There are not many women that would do that. (At only about 110 pounds she can out perform many guys when it comes to work.)

Whenever we show either one of our rides, BOTH our names appear on the entry form and on the windshield tag also. I'm not bragging, well, maybe a little, but I am a lucky guy. I wish that you all could be also.

Jim

I too have been granted one of the good ones. Juli rarely makes any noise about this hobby of mine. There was a time when the hood of a GTO slid down and landed on her foot, and I ask her if it was dented she got a little miffed. The entire front end was in the living room of our first apartment after I had it stripped. Nowdays parts can be found just about everywhere.

Randall
trans.jpg

I have to say that I have a great wife also. So great that she bought me my current bucket for my first father's day. She is always willing to help out and is my chief counsler / advisor. Also, she is really good and talking sense into me when I get frustrated with something and want to just give up or toss tools...LOL.

If you trade a forty year old do you get Two Twenty year olds?

Hey Rick! Glad yer back! I wish my wife felt that way. She has ridden in my rod 3 times and I had to whine each time to get her in the car. She never wants to do anything except cook and clean - but then that's why I married her in the first place.;) Nik

Now you guys got me started.....I have severe wife issues and a home project list a mile long. The only way I get anything done on the bucket is because she works a 3pm to 11 pm shift and has no clue what I'm up to. That shift works well during football season too....lol.

putz said:
If you trade a forty year old do you get Two Twenty year olds?

Just remember 2 20's will cost as 4 times as much as a 40. Then there's nothing left for a bucket, I told the wife I would trade her for another Harley. :lol:

five years ago I traded my wife and a house with a four car garage with two daily drivers for no wife, 2 car garage with a bucket, a custom, a dragster project and my daily sits in the driveway. The best my money ever spent

I told the wife I would trade her for another Harley. :D[/QUOTE said:
Several years ago I told my wife that I was going to trade her in on a newer model. She looked at me and said, "I know how much you make. You can't afford payments on 2!" I had to agree....

I got one of them good ones that pop up from time to time.

So far, (28 years) shes seen 8 buckets in our garage, a Fiat Topolino, a 37 Nash, and with the impending worldwide financial uncertainly, she agreed that I needed the 26 T coupe.

Then I went out and got a mint Austin A40 pickup to build a nostalgic Gasser one day.

Ro wouldnt drive the bucket with the blown 454, so I cant see her driving it with the blown 540. But the kids are pretty keen and two of them have been down the dragstrip in it.

Shes not so keen on my drag racing career tho. Probably because I suck as a racer & spend most of my time talking to my mates. Im not very competitive really.

Hot Rod Todd said:
I got one of them good ones that pop up from time to time.

So far, (28 years) shes seen 8 buckets in our garage, a Fiat Topolino, a 37 Nash, and with the impending worldwide financial uncertainly, she agreed that I needed the 26 T coupe.

Then I went out and got a mint Austin A40 pickup to build a nostalgic Gasser one day.

Ro wouldnt drive the bucket with the blown 454, so I cant see her driving it with the blown 540. But the kids are pretty keen and two of them have been down the dragstrip in it.

Shes not so keen on my drag racing career tho. Probably because I suck as a racer & spend most of my time talking to my mates. Im not very competitive really.
The only reason you had 8 buckets,is because she didnt know about one or two of them,,and you told her about the other bits and pieces after you bought them..true or false??
I also have been luckier second time around,as Lynda already had her own car,[55 customline]just needed a bodyman to keep it on/off the road..progressing slowly..:D. [major rebuild in progress]:eek:

Martin72 said:
Several years ago I told my wife that I was going to trade her in on a newer model. She looked at me and said, "I know how much you make. You can't afford payments on 2!" I had to agree....

Truthfully though, I don't think I have the patience to train another one. I married a Sunday School Teacher, now she has a couple of tats and rides a Harley. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back