Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need rear shock bushings. Where to buy them?

Barnacle Bill

Hello everyone. I've been rebuilding a '23 replica that I bought off of somebody a while back and am running into parts supply problems. i would post pics, but I can't until I get ten posts under my belt. Soon enough.... I can PM pics in the mean time (I think).

My latest issue is that my rear shock bushings are dry rotted and no longer in one piece. I haven't been able to find replacements. I have no idea who made these shocks either, but they are still good and I don't have the money to buy a new set at the moment (dumped it all into the beast of a power plant holding the front end down at times :D)

The bushing itself is 1.5" long, looking at the pics, the portion between the edges of the bushing is approsimately 3/4" wide. The inner diameter of the bushing is 1". Outer diameter that meets up with the eyelet on the the shock is 1.25"

Does anybody know where I can buy these or know of a way to make a suitable replacement?

thanks,
Barnacle Bill

Yes, they are. All i can seem to find is the cabrrera bushings, but they are different dimensions (5/8" hole in the center). i also think they are a bit too short along with that. I can't post links or pictures yet, but they are under the rear suspension of the T-bucket section on speedwaymotors.com if you would like to see what I am talking about there.

Thanks,.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back