Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Engine

Awesome!

Thanks guys. If you want to look up the specs, the part number is m-6007-a50xs.
It has an impressive collection of performance parts added to the regular 435 hp model.
I ordered a TKO 600 trans to bolt on the rear.

A local that runs a primarily Ford resto shop is just finishing up installing one of these in a Pantera,
complete with an air-shifted manual trans, as he is in a wheelchair.
Last year he dropped one into a 69 or 70 Mustang Fastback, came out really nice.

Ford actually one upped this model with a 5.2 edition. Supposedly, Factory Five Racing got the first one released to the public. I have heard reports the one I got, dynos out to about 540 hp. The kit I am putting it in weighs in less than 2400 lbs, so it should perform like a bucket T, as far as lbs/hp.

Ford actually one upped this model with a 5.2 edition. Supposedly, Factory Five Racing got the first one released to the public. I have heard reports the one I got, dynos out to about 540 hp. The kit I am putting it in weighs in less than 2400 lbs, so it should perform like a bucket T, as far as lbs/hp.
That ought to be a hand full! Sounds like a fun project, and ride! I have other projects on the back burner too. I've collected many components. As life progresses, I hope to spend more time on them. Ford has been on a roll in recent times with regard to the high performance department. I personally don't care what the label is, if t makes me smile, it's good! It's refreshing to see a reborn performance era in the American market! A Cobra is one of my all time favorites. At one time, I had researched every kit available. Had it not been for a D, it would have been a reality.

Sweeeet!!! With 11:1 compression, no 'regular unleaded' for that beast!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Fortunately we have 93 octane in Alabama and I am used to buying it. I got spoiled with some VP canned fuel and mix it in my 2 supercharged vehicles.

A local that runs a primarily Ford resto shop is just finishing up installing one of these in a Pantera,
complete with an air-shifted manual trans, as he is in a wheelchair.
Last year he dropped one into a 69 or 70 Mustang Fastback, came out really nice.

A Pantera! man that car used to be on my wish list. It was almost affordable for me when they came out, just not reasonable, as I would have to daily drive it.
Sounds like your friend has good taste in cars.

Sweeeet!!! With 11:1 compression, no 'regular unleaded' for that beast!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'd like to know the specifics related to the compression issue. I know that using aluminum heads with no exposed gaskets and fast burn style combustion chambers allows increased compression ratios, as does cam profiles. I wonder if they are incorporating some mojo to allow it to survive at 11:1. A beast, for sure.

Love the engine. That one would look good in a T Bucket. What a beauty. Thanks for sharing. We love pictures.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back