Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Salem, OR

sschutze

Hey guys, I've been lurking in the background for a while and figured I better join before I get busted for stalking.
I'm just starting my first T-Bucket build, have a frame kit / disc brake kit ordered and patiently waiting for it to arrive.

I've rebuilt cars before but never built one from the ground up like this. Looking forward to it.
I know how you guys like pictures, but since I don't even have any parts for my bucket yet, you'll have to settle for a link to my website to see my past projects. I'll start posting pics of the bucket project as soon as the delivery truck pulls up to the house.

www.OpenExhaust.com

Welcome to Forum . If you been lurking you all ready know the folks here are great ,, You have done some really cool projects The 2 minutes of fame was cool too !

Welcome to the forum, I enjoyed looking at your past work and look forward to following your bucket build.

Welcome to the site Steve. That's a great write up. Lots of very good suggestions in your tips and tricks. I'll be looking forward to seeing your build.

Ron

Welcome to the site. I had a GMC Sprint only it was a 73 and the wife crashed it I liked the look of that body style. This is not mine but same body style.
1530.jpg

Welcome, looking forward to seeing your build. :hi:

Hey guys, I've been lurking in the background for a while and figured I better join before I get busted for stalking.
I'm just starting my first T-Bucket build, have a frame kit / disc brake kit ordered and patiently waiting for it to arrive.

I've rebuilt cars before but never built one from the ground up like this. Looking forward to it.
I know how you guys like pictures, but since I don't even have any parts for my bucket yet, you'll have to settle for a link to my website to see my past projects. I'll start posting pics of the bucket project as soon as the delivery truck pulls up to the house.

www.OpenExhaust.com

Hi
From england.
Pics would be great

Well, after a lot of confusion about what is included with the Deluxe frame kit from Speedway Motors I decided to cancel my order. I don't know about you, but if you display a picture as a "kit" I expect to get all the parts in the picture. I won't use this forum as a soapbox, so lets just say we agreed to disagree. I'll still buy from them, but lesson learned (luckily it wasn't an expensive one).

Anyway, I decided to scan the local ads and found a running, driveable T-Bucket in Portland Oregon (about an hour North) for just a little more than the parts I had on order. The short version is I parked a T-Bucket in my garage on Friday July 30th. I'll start a new thread with the specs and my plans for the car. But here's a picture to get you by until I can update the website.IMAG0013a.jpg

With the economy still in the toilet, what you did was the right way to go. Was this your first vehicle with a high power to weight ratio? When I let people drive my Track T for the first time I'm always curious as to their impression if it was their first time driving a car that has about 4 pounds per horsepower.

With the economy still in the toilet, what you did was the right way to go. Was this your first vehicle with a high power to weight ratio? When I let people drive my Track T for the first time I'm always curious as to their impression if it was their first time driving a car that has about 4 pounds per horsepower.

I think it was the right choice too. I would have REALLY enjoyed building one, but like you said, in this economy I'm better off having a running car I can fix up over time, or sell quick if the need arises (God forbid). This is by far the highest power to weight ratio that I have ever driven, much less owned.

I don't know if it is the camera angle, or someone used the wrong year/car spindles on that axle?? looks to have a lot of camber...

I picked that up as well, looks like they are way off verticle.

I'm thinking it's the camera distortion. The axle appears to be a '32 to '36 with '37 to '40 spindles.

Ron

I don't know if it is the camera angle, or someone used the wrong year/car spindles on that axle?? looks to have a lot of camber...

Thats not an illusion. I can't see any adjustment on the front axel. I'll get better pictures and post them, maybe someone here can help with the alignment.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back