Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy from GA

40ford

I have been a member for a few months but have not introduced myself. I live in Duluth, GA. I have a 40 Ford 2 Dr deluxe sedan that needs restoring, so that is the reason for my name. I have always like "T"s and have decided to try to build one. I am just starting to collect parts again. A friend and I bought a 66 Chevelle together. He wanted body parts and I wanted the 283 engine and alum powerglide trans and rear end. Long story short, he took early retirement from Delta and cleaned out his shop. The rear end was at my house but the engine and trans were at his shop, they are long gone now. I did not say anything to save the friendship. I can get another engine and trans.

I think we have all got parts left over that we ordered put on and didn't like the look. Welcome now is a good time to build if you have the finance.

Welcome ............ :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome. Tbucit, right now I am just starting to collect parts. I am trying to work a trade with a friend of mine that I sold a 46 Ford coupe to. He is going to build it like he would have when we were in high school in the 60's. He has a garage and builds street machines and street rods and always has some parts/cars for sale. I work for GA DOT so I might be starting at a bad time to build a T. Our raise has been canceled this year, our insurance cost is going up 14%, our co-pays for doctor visits and medicines are going up $10.00/visit and prescription and they are talking about 1 or 2 days unpaid furloughs per month. Playing it by ear right now. But I would be interested to know what parts you have for sale. Who knows, I might be able to buy some of them.

Welcome to the site! I was stationed at NAS Albany for 2 years. It's cool to go back for a visit every once in a while. Too bad about the 283/'glide. That's a real good combo for a bucket. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find another one down there. 5 years ago I saw a car lot in Moltre with a '41 Ford coupe, a '56 Chevy wagon, and a '67 Chevelle in it. And they were back row cars. For a grand you could have driven any one of them off the lot.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back