Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Meat from MI

Fountain47

Hello gang,

New to the T-bucket scene. Going to try building a bucket using Younger's info. Whish me luck. When I start the project i'll be taking pix and logging it on the way to completion. I'm a trans guy by nature, so if you have questions, ask me. I don't have all the answers, but I may have some. Thank for having me.

Welcome from northern Illinois.

Welcome from Indy. If you interested, I've been playing around with some plans in Sketchup even know I'm an Autocad guy. I drew up Youngsters plans in a form that may be a bit easier to read. This is not all the plans or the commentary, but perhaps a compliment to the plans. If you PM me, I can send you the pdf file that when printed to 11x17 will be accurate scales. To be honest, I did things differently when I built our last T, like using 2"x3" rails and some of the dimensions, but this can get you started thinking.

Welcome from Indy. If you interested, I've been playing around with some plans in Sketchup even know I'm an Autocad guy. I drew up Youngsters plans in a form that may be a bit easier to read. This is not all the plans or the commentary, but perhaps a compliment to the plans. If you PM me, I can send you the pdf file that when printed to 11x17 will be accurate scales. To be honest, I did things differently when I built our last T, like using 2"x3" rails and some of the dimensions, but this can get you started thinking.

Ben, when you make the frame 23" across and you use 2x3 material, that makes the inside 19". Did you have any clearance issues with the alternator, starter, or fuel pump?

If you need any of those brackets cut, I have all the patterns in the computer. Ron Young's brother was a drafts man and sent me all of those files, ready to cut.

Ron- this are Youngsters plans, not mine. I did the dimensions per his plans. I've never built a frame from them. I build a 2x3 frame a few inches wider. I also question the width, but since Ron Young passed several years ago, we can't ask him his thoughts.

I just did this for kicks to see what they would be like. I wish I had Solidworks or Alibre to use. I did my frame in Autocad and will put together a similar set of plans for use.

Reactions: RPM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back