Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Popeye?

Swampdog

I went to a cruise Saturday evening at our local Pep Boys. Pep Boys parking lot is adjacent to the Barnes and Noble book store. We all park in line next to the Barnes and Noble Lot. When I backed in there was a Jelly Bean ((non descript looking little round car, all look the same except the jelly bean color) parked beside me. A while later a family came out to get in the Jelly Bean. The father was a nerdy looking guy with a look on his face like I thought I was coming to a Book Signing. The Nerdy wife looked at the Popeye I have on the back of the T Bucket and Said, "that is the old Popeye, you need the New Popeye. The new Popeye doesn't smoke a pipe and doesn't have tattoos. We are trying to get the violence out of cartoons, for the children."

Really!

As he drove off I noticed a National Rife Assn. license plate frame. Must have been on there when he bought it.

Swampdog

Attachments

• Popeye compressed.jpg
    Popeye compressed.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 88
:D I kind of got a kick out of this post. I like the T Bucket, but admit that not everyone is of the same mind. Its funny, I used to pick on "rice burner" cars, but now my daily driver is one...old age and wisdom is a beautiful thing!! Well, old age anyway, wisdom remains debatable!!

Opinions are like arses, everyone has one. But to those well informed it's best to keep them [opinions] to yourself for someone might rearrange your face if they hear what you say!!

I grew up watching the "old" Popeye and I think I turned out all right (although that's my opinion)!

Wow! Those "kids" sure make my eyes pop!

Went to a car show/cruise in today in Breaux Bridge, La. Some guy saw the Popeye and started a conversation. He said he was an artist and would do custom oil painting of cars. Cost $3000-$4000. Got a top ten Trophy and a bottle of Pont Breaux Kajan Hot Sauce.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back