Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New T owner in SE NM

Laplander

After I posted a few times I realized I forgot to do an introduction. My name is Nik, and I live down in Hobbs, NM, and after talking to a potential client down in Eunice NM, he told me the guy who runs this site is from Artesia so hopefully I'll get to run into some fellow bucketeers down the road. I'm presently waiting for the bucket I bought to arrive, but while I'm waiting I'm getting a 396 built so as soon as it arrives I can get it back on the road. If any of you guys are ever in the Se part of the state, give me a shout.

After I posted a few times I realized I forgot to do an introduction. My name is Nik, and I live down in Hobbs, NM, and after talking to a potential client down in Eunice NM, he told me the guy who runs this site is from Artesia so hopefully I'll get to run into some fellow bucketeers down the road. I'm presently waiting for the bucket I bought to arrive, but while I'm waiting I'm getting a 396 built so as soon as it arrives I can get it back on the road. If any of you guys are ever in the Se part of the state, give me a shout.

Laplander

Welcome to the site and I hope your T Bucket is all you would like it to be. I live in Artesia and there are 5 T Buckets here in town at the present time. I have two and I don't not run this site and neither do the other three folks here in Artesia. I think Mike the leader on here lives in Indiana but I could be wrong.

All of us in Artesia belong to the NTBA and do a lot of crusing. If you get loose on Sept 17 & 18 we are going to have a T Bucket run here in Artesia. We should have about 30 buckets in town for that weekend. We also will be in the Homecoming Parade at 4:00 pm on Friday the 17th of Sept. then cruise to supper somewhere.

You don't need a bucket to attend but it would be great to have you come over and join in the fun. I think we are going to cruise to Cloudcroft on Saturday 18th then back to Mayhill for a mini Show to have lunch and give away lots of money.

These folks on here have lots of answers and if I can help send me an e-mail mdw @ pvtn. net make all of that come together to send it. Look foward to meeting you in the future.

Mike

Welcome to the site Nik :tip:How about some pics :rulz: ..............................:eek:k:

Welcome to the site Nik :tip:How about some pics :rulz: ..............................:eek:k:

Hi from England. I was told if I did not post pictures the crankshaft gremlins would get me!!!!
Gerry

Hi Nik; I'm Bill and live in Artesia NM and I'm the president of the National T Bucket Alliance. We have several NM chapter members in our state. I'm hosting the NM NTBA regional mini nats in Artesia on Sept 17-18. Buckets from TX,NM,AZ,CA,KS,OK,CO,and others will be here. We have several things of FUN planned. Sure would be great to meet up with you. If in Artesia come by the shop. 5753657259 weelstang

Hi Nik; I'm Bill and live in Artesia NM and I'm the president of the National T Bucket Alliance. We have several NM chapter members in our state. I'm hosting the NM NTBA regional mini nats in Artesia on Sept 17-18. Buckets from TX,NM,AZ,CA,KS,OK,CO,and others will be here. We have several things of FUN planned. Sure would be great to meet up with you. If in Artesia come by the shop. 5753657259 weelstang

Bill, what time do the festivities start and when do they end? I have a kid at NMMI who love to go, so hopefully we'll see you this next weekend.

Bill, what time do the festivities start and when do they end? I have a kid at NMMI who love to go, so hopefully we'll see you this next weekend.

I am not quite Bill, but I am just as good trust me on that. The start of things is around 2:00 pm on Friday 9-17-2010 and wind up around 5:00 pm on Saturday the 18th. Meet at Storage Manuf. & Rentals on 20th street south of US 82 about 3 blocks.

If you come to town before 11:00am on the 17th we may be doing a crusie to lunch so come on down. There will be Buckets in town from Tuesday and Wednesday, so a cruise can happen at anytime. Call me if you would like at 575----three six five----7453.......

Mike

Yooooooooo Nik, Well I see you got the pics posted, I think the first thing I would do is, hide all the interior in the trash dumpster, that will give you a ton more inside room and look a ton better as well... Then I would think about remounting the front axle out in front of the spring and with longer radius rods, make them stronger than what they had, using a big block... You have a great start :)

You can give me a gingle on my cell at 575 threesixfive 7259. I'll be around the shop at 209 S 20th, Staorage Rentals & Mfg Inc. most all day Friday. Except when we all go to the Home Coming Parade about 3:00. On Sat leave at 9:00 for tour to mountains and prize money giv-a-way. Buckets will be in Artesia starting Wed. to Sunday. Ya'll come and have fun with us. weelstang

Well Laplander if you got to Artesia I guess I missed you. Boy did we have some of that stuff called FUN. You missed a really nice ride and about 5000 bucks in winnings.........Maybe next year.........

When I get some photos downloaded I will post some.

Later
Mike

With the cruise leaving at 9am it made it impossible for me to grab my son at NMMI and come over. If the show had been held during the day on Saturday we culd have pulled it off, but his schedule at school makes stuff like this hard to arrange. We're having a car show over here in Hobbs this weekend, any of you T bucket guys heading over for it?

Laplander,

Checked out your pictures. You will have to take and post some pictures from this coming winter because I really want to see your T with tire chains and that snowplow attached..LOL

Bob

With the cruise leaving at 9am it made it impossible for me to grab my son at NMMI and come over. If the show had been held during the day on Saturday we culd have pulled it off, but his schedule at school makes stuff like this hard to arrange. We're having a car show over here in Hobbs this weekend, any of you T bucket guys heading over for it?

I don't think any of us are coming to Hobbs this weekend but I have been wrong before so I guess I will talk about me only and say I have other thing planned.

Sorry you did not get to come over last weekend you missed a lot of fun, around 400 miles of crusing and 400 bucks top prize down to 45 bucks for a total of around 5 grand.......O' & lots of food............

Maybe next year........

Mike[attachment=4829:SDC12291.JPG][attachment=4830:SDC12324.JPG]

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back