Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to posting

strateaxel

Hi, I have been lurking for awhile and stealing some ideas to use on my RPU and recently figured out how to upload photos. This is a great forum and I will try to add some pictures:lol::)

Cool project, I like it, welcome :)

:) Sharp looking ride!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated.

Great looking mock up, I can't wait to see it completed. By not channeling it you should be able to really sit down inside the body. Keep up the good work.

Jim

First off, welcome to the site. Second, WOW, very nice lookin project. We don't see many T's with perimeter frames. It's a great way to gain interior space and comfort. How about some pics of the frame alone.

I'll certainly be watching for progress reports on this one!!

Ron

Heres my frame, I have documented my build so I hope to post when I am more familiar with uploading photos. Thanks Youngster and others

Nice job on the slicing for radius.Looking good.

I would like to see closeup of how you are mounting your front and rear springs. looks like something i might could use. thanks,tea tom

Tom post a pic or two on your project looks like in your avatar you are coming along.

pretty new to this, and not a computer whiz. therefore i must admit i dont know how to post pics on this forum. help abyone?

you can setup an account on photobucket, picassa(google).... and if you just paste the link (URL) in a post, the photo will show up. If you use one of those, the url should be next to the picture....

Kind of a vague explanation, but that it is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Hi tea tom, Heres some pics of my spring setup. on the front axel I use a shackle and on the back I use a slider mount for the rear spring eye. thanks for looking and ask if you want more info, John

Hi again, forgot to mention that jack bolts are adjusting ride height, front and rear and I don't think I will have to have a panhard bar. John

What are your thoughts on the slot in the axle housing mount John.

Ron

Hi Ron, as the suspension works, the spring eye has to move, either with shackle or with the eye of the spring sliding back and forth in the slot. alot of sprint cars used a slider system similiar to this. The eye rides on a short piece of spring in the bracket and the bolt is just to capture the spring in the bracket, no load on bolt. I will take it apart and show detailed pics later, John

Hi Ron, I would like your thoughts on this setup as Its something I came up with and with the springs mounted inside frame rails, John

I like the spring mounted inside the rail. What I would be concerned about is the bolt in the slot on the housing mount. There's not much bearing surface there and i would think the bolt would wear down very quickly. Looks like you have a trailing link of some sort there. Might want to give some thought to using the spring as the top link in a 4-bar type of system. Another option would be to use a shackle on the spring and add a top bar at an angle forming a triangled 4-bar. No need for a panhard bar that way. jmo.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back