Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NEW to T Buckets - need Insurance

motovate

:eek:Howdy - I'm new to t buckets - just traded for one - but also just found out that the insurance company I now have - Allied - will not insure it as a show car or as a driver. Any ideas on who will and prices??

New problem - I thought the only problem I was going to have was what to do with the shifter that is sticking me in the leg.:hooray:

Thanks. LBM

If you have Allied you probably go through an independent agent. I have Allied and my agent fixed me up with Condon and Skelly. There is also Grundy, Haggerty, and several others. My insurance cost me $300 per year for full coverage and an agreed value of $17,500. Do a web search with these insurance companies' names. You should be able to come up with contact information.

:hooray: And also its in the:rulz: We need pics

Welcome LBM :hooray: I use Grundy for insurance. Unlimited mileage, I just can't use it for a daily driver.

OH yeah pics? :D

VegasBruce said:
Welcome LBM :hooray: I use Grundy for insurance. Unlimited mileage, I just can't use it for a daily driver.

OH yeah pics? :D

According to what Grundy said on My Classic Car a few weeks ago you can drive it anywhere, even to work once in a while.

Thanks guys. I did find some of the ones mentioned online - I was hoping to go with one company for everything. I actually just retired - still waiting for first retirement check so my daily driver is what ever I get in to go to the parts house or the grocery store!!

So now I need to get some photo's and figgure out how to download them.

Thanks again.

LBM:razz:

:hooray: OK I opened up a Photo Album and put the one photo I have in it. I'll put more in after I take a group of them.

It is titled as a 1922 - guy I got it from said he wanted to be different then everyone else. All Ford, Blown 302. I think it was built in 1995 or so. I traded a 1974 Corvette Roadster with both tops for it. Equal trade to me since all values are relative and I had the itch for a T Bucket.

I need to change the shifter or location since it hits me right in the right leg, plan on changing the square headlights to bullet style and do something with the tail lights and play with it at local small car shows - all in time as the saying goes. Another thought I had was to take off the turtle back and put on a truck bed - I think I'm more of a truck kinda guy. Might make a little towable trailer with the turtle back - someday. So now I have a new toy - should be fun.

Thanks.

LBM:cool:

I just checked out the pic and the only problem I see with your car is that it's not in my driveway.:hooray:

I won't mention who I have because it's a long drawn out horror tale, but I'm switching to Grundy when it runs out in May. Do the research and check prices.

Oh, if you're ever in Texas and need someone to watch her for ya.... let me know.

PS: Why you want to take the turtledeck off? Looks good.

Looks sharp. I like the turtle deck but agree about the headlights.

The photo was taken at the guys house I got the T from. No Idea what was under the tarp - it was gone when I was there.

The gas tank is under the turtle and the filler is accessed through a lift up plate. Works OK but there is nowhere to put anything if I drive it anywhere rather the putting it on the trailer. I thought I might have more room for a jacket and cooler if I had a short truck bed and in my mind the turtle bed is new fangled!!!! Chuckle - reality is that I'll probably leave the body alone except for what I need to fit in it. Maybe a top to keep the AZ sun off is smarter!! I definately don't like the tail lights and the head lights need to be round so I'll put my brand on those for sure. I'll probably do something different on the air cleaner also - I think it needs a scoop.

I like it and it looks like maybe it is going to stop storming so I can get it out and play with it.

LBM:razz:

You really won't have any room with a truck box either. Just got to travel light with a T.

I usually traveled alone so I put a duffel on the passenger side if I was going to a three or four day event like Goodguys.

I agree with Fred, the turtle deck looks great. Of course, I may be a little prejudice because I have a turtle deck. I think that a turtle deck sets it apart from the usual T bucket with the short box but it is all in what YOU desire. That is the beauty of building a T, you make it YOUR way. There are no rules.

Jim

Welcome to the forum! You will find everything you need here and the best guys in the world to answer your questions and help you out. As for insurance, I was in the same boat wanting to keep all with one company. As I found out, most major companies do not know how to treat classic or specialty cars. I looked into several companies and settled on Hagerty as they provided the best service and were very professional. The premium is very reasonable and it is full coverage with roadside assistance. I hope I never have to use the assistance, but it is nice to know they will send out a flat bed truck to pick up my toy instead of a tow rig. Anyway, just my experience and two cents worth. Welcome again and we are glad to have you here!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back