Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to the forum from Chalmers Indiana

AmericanGraffiti

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hello all!

I've always been drawn to the T Bucket...ever since I was a teenager. Dad and I started building one back in the seventies, but then we switched gears and raced dirt track sprint cars.

Too old for that now, and not enough budget anyway...

I just picked up a T bucket project to relive that childhood dream. Hoping to get it running in one year and take Dad in it for a ride...that'll be awesome!

I know there are some very experienced bucket heads here and looking forward to learning from them all! I also look forward to seeing some great photos, idea swapping, and sharing stories with my fellow "old school" hot rodders!

Favorite movie of all time: "American Graffiti" hence the username!!!!

Welcome from just southeast of you in Indy! There are a few guys from Indiana here - the site's owner Mike is in Lafayette.

Show us what you got so far!

Hi Ben. Thanks for the reply. Its good to hear from fellow Hoosier bucketeers!!! I'll attach a few photos of the car I bought. It was rat rodded by the previous builder with lots of ugly stuff (at least in my opinion!) I am hoping to clean the car up and build it with the same basic concept: low rider, Z'd chassis, 1/4 elliptical rear springs etc. Here are some pis as purchased:

Attachments

• rat rod 2.jpg
    rat rod 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
  • rat rod 5.jpg
    rat rod 5.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 42
  • rat rod1.jpg
    rat rod1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 38
One of the first things to consider changing is the height of the grill shell and radiator. I don't know why some guys insist on having the grill shell higher than the cowl. It screams of poor planning. IMHO

Jim

Reactions: RPM
Welcome to the T-Bucket Forums, AG. Ben is absolutely correct, I am in Lafayette. That puts you within about 20 miles of where I am sitting.

My ex-sister-in-law and her husband farm up your way. I've not been there in years, but I still hear from her, every now and again. Are you familiar with the name Bol?

Welcome from Ocala, Florida. Went to my 50th year High School reunion in Greencastle, Indiana last year, sure enjoyed being back in Indiana for the visit. Born and raised in that part of the state, joined the Navy in 1963 and never really went back for anything other than a visit.

Welcome! Looks like a good start...

The previous owner had an interesting method to clearance the headers, bash it in with a hammer, lol.

Welcome to the T-Bucket Forums, AG. Ben is absolutely correct, I am in Lafayette. That puts you within about 20 miles of where I am sitting.

My ex-sister-in-law and her husband farm up your way. I've not been there in years, but I still hear from her, every now and again. Are you familiar with the name Bol?
Hi Mike! Glad to know another T bucket fan close by. I know a family with that last name, not sure if it is the same though. Perhaps I'll meet you at a cruise next summer?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back