Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to the site

23dragster

Hey guys, awesome site. I'm new to the site, been lurking around, just haven't joined for lack of time, but finally made the plunge... great info on here. Got a 23T in progress...

Thanks guys.

Here she is. 23T, in progress for about 6 months now... bought it about 7 months ago or so. I pulled the blower off and am sadly probably selling the blower today... Too much for the street... and I thought there was no such thing as to much power... hehe.

Attachments

• Iced T.jpg
    Iced T.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to the site.

love the look of a blower on a T but give me a carb or EFI for cruisin' anyday.

Ron

I love it too, but I pulled it off 2 weeks ago... I want to build either a 383 stroker or decent 350 or 355 for it to "make up" for the loss of low-end punch. I miss that already so much. I had a max of 48 miles on a full tank with it though!

I'm very tempted to try an "8 stack" Hilborn injection set-up or a tunnel ram with dual 450's.

Welcome from Vegas, by way of San Antone.

I have a friend that tried for years to get a Hilborn to run respectfully on the street. He finially gave in and had it converted to an EFI. It now has good street manners after 6 years on the road Tom says he dosen't know why he waited so long to convert.

Ron

I run a 6-71 blower but with Edelbrock carbs and it will get 10-12 miles to a gallon with no progressive linkage. Also so with that is a 4:10 and a 3500 converter. So nothing here to try and get great gas mileage.

Not so great on the Hilborn set-up eh?
Thanks Ben.
Yeah, but I bet it sure is fun to drive around town! So my blower didn't sell... which means it may go on the shelf until I find/build a forged low-compression motor for it...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back