Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

newbie from south australia

nifty

hello......
about me.....had a t bucket in 1989....never got it completed and was sold before i had the time or the money to finish it....
i would love another one,as to ME they are what i percieve to BE a hotrod...
recently split with wife of 19 yrs,and sold my 74 corvette before the lawyers took it...
not ready to start a project just yet,as a place to live would be handy to start with ,then a place to actually build a bucket would be of help also...
ive recently been searching the web and i was surprised to find so little information on actually building a car for austalian roads thats legal..... anybody else have this trouble?
i can do the chassis work myself, im a boilermaker / certified welder by trade (25yrs) but i cant find a plan anywhere....or find out much info in just what IS reqd to build a bucket....

basicly what m looking for is some tech articles on building a T for the australian roads......cant seem to find much anywhere,in regards to rules and regs....of even sizes of chassis etc etc....last thing i want is to build a chassis and find a body wont fit it.... last i looked i could only find one T supplier in australia.....2000kms away from where i am....and no gaurentee it will be legal in my state....
ive tried my state for info,but im at a loss to find anything on the web,or WHO to actually contact...
living in the country wont do me any favours,

First of all, Welcome to the site. I would think your best source of information would be someone locally that has been through the process already. They should be able to guide you. Don't be afraid to ask questions there and here. Oh yeah, don't forget to post pictures!!

Ron

Youngster said:
First of all, Welcome to the site. I would think your best source of information would be someone locally that has been through the process already. They should be able to guide you. Don't be afraid to ask questions there and here. Oh yeah, don't forget to post pictures!!

Ron
thats the trouble with being in australia.....my wife (not ex yet) has a cousin with a blown 302 bucket...sweet ride,but he lives elsewhere and as T's are not that common here finding the info is the problem....
just so happens ive JUST found an informative site on a t build up in adelaide.....4 hr drive from me....i will endevour to make contact with the bloke and have a chat.....
in the meantime here is a pic of the cousins "T"
stats 302 windsor,6:71 blower,clutched C4 auto (no idea how it works) and 4:56 raatio 9 inch diff..
he had had for 20 plus years..... has street rego and ran 10.2 @140mph in the mid 80's.....
kymranenberg02.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back