Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie Here!

DW1969

Hello to all and thanks for any info you can give. I am considering purchasing a T for my first Hot Rod project. I found one on the internet and called the gentleman and talked to him about it. I asked the question about driving for a distance of a couple hundred miles. He kind of laughed and asked if I had ever driven a T before. He said he has had it out on the interstate a couple of times but it is scary because they are so small without any protection around you. Said it was like driving a high performance gokart.

Not knowing if he maybe just someone that is a little skiddish, How practicle is it to take one of these on a few hundred mile trip if you didn't want to trailer it?

Thanks,

DW

I have had mine on the interstate and it was fine. But that was after I drove it for a while they do take a little getting used to.Short wheel base lightweight and horse power can be a dangerous combination if not cafeful. But nothing in the world like driving a T they are great if set up properly.Welcome.

I have never had mine on the interstate. Just driving down a busy 4 lane can be nerve racking. The car runs and handles good but the other drivers out there seem to forget where they are. They start to gawk at you and the next thing you know they are wandering into your lane. It does take a bit of getting used to the power to weight ratio but watching out for the others on the road is the big job. Enjoy nothing better than a few hours of driving down the road in a bucket

Welcome to the site DW! I like to compare a Bucket to a 4 wheel motorcycle for several reason. It about the same horsepower to weight ratio, you get about the same amount of respect on the road and I fell safer riding in numbers just like on a bike. And besides......it the most fun you can have with your clothes on!:rofl:

Thanks for the replies, It sounds like trips may be out of the question. Now I have to work on the wife a little to convince her SHE is really going to enjoy this thing.

DW

Welcome to the forum DW1969, I've had my bucket for 41 years and don't drive it on the interstate unless I really have to. The bucket rides great but it just seems to attract people that don't think when they see it. I prefer to stick with the 2 & 4 lane roads.

I pay 330 a year for insurance on mine through a local agent.

I had mine on the interstate once and it left a small mark in my underware so i stick to the smaller roads. My ins is through Grundy i pay 315.00 per year with an agreeded value of 25k. Welcome DW from Tulsa Oklahoma.

rooster57 said:
I had mine on the interstate once and it left a small mark in my underware so i stick to the smaller roads..

:rofl: Couldn't help but to laugh. Thanks guys for all the info. This is a great site. I punched in the numbers on progressive and those folks are out of their minds. Quoted $135/mo. I about fell out. The Grundy sounds like the way to go.

Once again, Thanks

I have Hagerty and the cost for 15000 coverage is 210 bucks a year.Welcome aboard..........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back