Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Newbie with some questions

JCasper

Hi There,

My name is Joe and I am trying to find out a bit of info and value of a car we have. This car is actually my Father-in-laws.

He made an impulse purchase about 7 years ago at Hot August Nights :welcome:. He brought this car home and drove it a little bit and then it sat in his shop for the last 7 years. I pulled it out a couple months ago to get it running for him so we can sell it. Getting it running was the easy part, I had to go through the whole brake system because they had collected a bit of moisture.

Anyways what I know is this car was built in 1986 and it has a 350 Chevy and a Turbo 350 tranny. The rearend is a Chrysler 8.25" and well that's about all I can tell you.

We would like to get it sold and I have been told it should appraise between 8 and 10K.

I would greatly appreciate anything you guys and gals can tell me about this car. I am thinking about throwing it up on ebay in the next day or so to see if we can generate some interest.

jcasperctd/T-Bucket - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Man that is a nice looking T there. I would keep it. Anyway welcome aboard. I can't help with price but I have seen them sell for anywhere from 8-15k. Tom sold his for 15k last month.

Welcome to the forum that's a nice looking car Joe. The asking price has a lot to do with the area you're living in. This time of the year in the Northern Mid West with winter quickly approaching you'll get a lot less for it then you would in the spring. I've seen similar equipped cars in my area go for around $10K in the fall vs $15K - $17K in the spring when the buyer has the summer to enjoy it.

Telman makes a good point. Keep it till spring if you can. You might see a coupe more thousand then. Who knows, maybe by then the love affair will return and you'll find a way to keep and enjoy it.

Ron

Value really depends on time of year if you live where the snow flies.Nice looking car floor board is a little different with the hump.But still a nice car.

You want to see what it will bring, list it on Ebay and start the bidding at 99 cents with a resrve of say $20,000. See what it is bid up to. If it gets over say $12,000 and you are happy with that lower the reserve and it is sold. Just watch out for scammers. CASH in hand before it leaves your house.

RPM said:
You want to see what it will bring, list it on Ebay and start the bidding at 99 cents with a resrve of say $20,000. See what it is bid up to. If it gets over say $12,000 and you are happy with that lower the reserve and it is sold. Just watch out for scammers. CASH in hand before it leaves your house.

Good idea, I need to do some reserch as to how much ebay charges if it doesn't sell. Is that the reason you say to start it at 99 cents?

thanks all for the feedback, I appreciate any info I can get.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back