Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Now this is a different look for a T bucket !

Northstar T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
And I like it!! Pic was from another forum I belong to (Suzuki related) in a discussion about small 4 bangers in a "hot rod". this car was at a show in BC, but that's about all I know. I've been toying with the idea of a full fendered T with Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16 valve power. 35+ MPG and fairly spunky in a light car like this. what do ya think?

400633126.jpg

Russ

Different in an interesting and cool way. One would never suspect a suzuki 4 banger cammer motor in there.:thumbsup:

I have been searching for a Toyota 2TC with five speed and rear end for a while. I had an old Corolla wagon (82?) that would FLY and always thought it would make a nice "itsy bitsy T Bucket" engine.

My Suzuki Samurai was the slowest vehicle I ever owned but would climb a chain link fence.

edit:after doing a little searching, it might have been something like a '78

todd
i'm working on a 2t engine as i speak---hey it looks just like 1/2 of a hemi

keep on smiling

Shhh, don't tell people about the 2TC, they'll be wanting one. ;) That wee motor can make 1.5 HP per cube without much effort and 2 HP is well within reach.

We so often look at the gas misers with derision, but that means we're also failing to take into account some very efficient cylinder head designs. Anytime you are maximizing power output against pounds of fuel, you're building more efficient HP and the Japanese were onto it back in the early 70's.

I think they were in Starlets, but mine (I had two) were in a More Door Corolla (Automatic ugh) and the Corolla Wagon with five speed. It would flat scoot with no problem. Had a Datsun wagon once that would spin some tire too, but was a tad bit heavier. I would LOVE to find another old Toy Wagon though. Loved that thing, only needed AC to be the perfect car. I could haul my music equipment, I could haul arse, and it was a beautiful shade of blue, like a tad bit darker than Ford's Grabber blue.

My brother burned the clutch up downshifting to keep from grinding the rotors... because a clutch is so much easier to change than brake pads. /sarcasm

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back