Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Nut Size

Johnny

Back to that pinion on the S10 rear end. What is the nut size? 1.25 inch or 32mm??? I know those are very close but they are not the same. I know it won't kill me if I get them both, but I don't like buying things I don't need.
Thanks

Nut and take it to the tool store.
Maybe I'm tired, cause I don't know what you mean. Sorry. I'm pretty sure I would need to take it off to take it to the tool store, but first, I need the correct socket to get it off to take it to the tool store, but if I had the socket to take it off, I wouldn't have to go to the tool store.

I'm with jimbo mine was 1.25" IIRC but since ICRS I could be wrong. Better just measure across flats to be sure! Measure twice cut once! Oh that's for another project. Anyhows main thing is to have fun. I say "Don't sweat the petty things just pet the #@$# things" OH you will figure it out.

Most rulers have a metric scale on them, I have several metal flexible ones I carry around in my pockets. Can get them up to 2 FT long. It'll get you close. One indespensible tool to have, 0-6" electronic caliper. $20 at OReillys. Comes with case, extra battery. I don't feel so bad should I drop it in the coolant tank or bend / break it, saves my Starrets and Mititoyos....

Ah yes, with the electronic caliper, you can go between American and Metric....

I understand now--- The question should have been " Hey Guys, what is the socket/wrench size I need to remove the pinion nut on a S10 rear end?"
When sombody says "nut size" the usual responce is the internal thread size

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back