Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Oil Blowby

HAceT

Ok I did everything that I know to do with no real success. I have been getting oil on the valve covers for awhile now. I first had just a PCV on the drivers side and an oil fill cap and a breather on the passenger side. (Passenger side has 2 holes.) I found out the the gasket seats were not correct so I got the right one and I got them with baffles from Summit. I have the pcv hooked to the front large port on the edelbrock carb. I still have oil on the valve covers after driving. Granted I'm usually in the 2700-3000rpm range when driving. What else can I do to stop it or what do I need to do find the problem? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem, but switching to the baffled grommets fixed it. Not meaning you may not know better, but if you overfill your oil you can get the same problem. Just a thought because I've done that when I was younger and wasn't paying attention.

I had the same problem, but switching to the baffled grommets fixed it. Not meaning you may not know better, but if you overfill your oil you can get the same problem. Just a thought because I've done that when I was younger and wasn't paying attention.

AWWW now I'm blushing....you called me Younger......LOL.....yeah I checked that since I am using a after market dip stick and from what I seen it's good. I'm going to preform a leak down test next to make sure none of the rings are bad. I got the baffled grommets idea from one of your post thats what I switched to but still have some blowby. By the way I really do love your new seat there Tfever. I might do the same since it may give me about 2 inches or so in leg room.

If your leak down doesn't indicate the source of the problem, I offer this.

My Suzuki drag bike has a steel mesh material in the rocker cover to "catch" oil vapor.

Of course, I weighed the mesh and decided to cut the mesh pad way down to save a gram here and a gram there.

I don't know if there are valve covers with this mesh or if you but you may check it out.

Hey Wayne!

What kind of manifold vacuum are you pulling? My set up is PVC on Passenger side with breather on Driver side and I pull 15 inches of vacuum idling on the PVC hose. I am thinking there is different flow PVC's too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back