Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Okay or a No No???

Johnny

I am using a Model A grille shell on my hot rod. Running Chevy stuff. Is it okay if I put a Chevrolet emblem on the grille shell or would that be unethical? I know I've heard "Do what ya want. It's your car." I just don't want to upset the hot rod gods.

What do ya think?????

If your just trying to fill the hole, a Susan B Anthony dollar fits great. I epoxied mine in and it matches the brass/gold theme on the rest of the car. legal in all states.

Alot of us already wonder why you chevy guys put a chevy engine in a Ford car in the first place so I reckon one more emblem won't hurt, but remember you do live in Texas............

Mike

I am using a Model A grille shell on my hot rod. Running Chevy stuff. Is it okay if I put a Chevrolet emblem on the grille shell or would that be unethical? I know I've heard "Do what ya want. It's your car." I just don't want to upset the hot rod gods.

What do ya think?????

I probably wouldn't do it even though Im a GM guy.

I don't like emblems at all. None of my rides, including my daily driver, have any emblems on them. I figure that you pay enough for the things that you don't need to advertise for them.

Jim

Ron,
Them two boys of mine are total Chevy guys and they can not believe I still drive Fords, but I have had to drag their Chevys to the shop for repaires many more times than I have had to go get my Fords..........................:rolleyes::whistling:

Mike

For most people it's fiberglass body, custom frame, custom interior, Ididit column, Wilwood brakes, Currie rear end, etc., etc. Where's the Ford?

For most people it's fiberglass body, custom frame, custom interior, Ididit column, Wilwood brakes, Currie rear end, etc., etc. Where's the Ford?

Mold of a Ford body? But not neccesarily. Ford also didn't Mfg. all of their on parts either, maybe so in1923, but not now. Just being funny here, no foul.

Mold of a Ford body? But not neccesarily. Ford also didn't Mfg. all of their on parts either, maybe so in1923, but not now. Just being funny here, no foul.
Not in 1923 they didn't. I was reading an article the other day about the Model T cranks. They were all made in France. Henry was very specific about the crate each one came in. The crates had to be screwed together and made from a specific wood, also. When they got to Fords assembly plant, the crates were taken apart and the pieces, were a perfect fit for the floor boards in the T's. Clever engineering on Henry's part

Ole Henry was smart!

I come from a Ford family, but I have no brand specific loyalty... I've owned all of them at some point in time...

I put ford emblims on my chevII motor It drove people nut's. asking it it was a 2.2 4banger.

"Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff"

I like that^^^^^^^^^^:roflmao:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back