Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old Canuck

RWENUTS

Crazy old canuck checking in. New to T building. Always wanted to build an old rod but never had the chance till now. Retired 3 years ago to the west coast from the cold western canadian prairee's. Had a 67 GMC and then a 65 c10 but sold both. Finally recently bought an old ford parts hauler and had a chunk of cash available to build with. Picked up a 26 T touring that's been shortened. Good makings for a project to keep me out of trouble. It's not a T bucket but it's close cousin. LOL!! Joined up for all the info here. And I'll likely have a question or two down the road.
Gonna try to keep it low buck. Ya I know. DREAMER!!!
In the frame planning, ride height, engine fitment and general eyeballing it stage. Have a front axle, 9" rear, frame rails, body, tank, wheels and tires along with a 302 and c4.
I've built newer ones (56 Chev truck) but never from scratch like this.
Let the fun begin!!!

Welcome aboard! :hey: Well, you've had experience in other stuff and these are actually easier. There's a wealth of info here, all ya gotta do is ask. Oh, if anyone says we don't like pics of what yer doin'..... they're LYIN'!

Pics!!! Had to load a few onto my photobucket.
Mocked up in the driveway with the bigs and littles and eyeballing frame height and motor placement in the garage.
MockT005.jpg

T002.jpg

MockT007.jpg

Welcome to the group from Northern Illinois.

In Alberta mainly. Lived in 33 towns until I got out of school. My old dad worked the oil patch. We followed the rigs. I kept up the wandering for a few years then settled in Rocky Mountain House area. Worked for Husky Energy for 35 years. Worked in all kinds of weather. 40 below or colder in the winter. Retired to the Island 3 years ago. Wetter here but warmer. Folks around here wear there T's and shorts and sandles year round. Awesome place to live.
Where abouts do you hail from. Lafayette's climate's gotta be better too!!

Welcome from Kansas City! My first wife was from Lethbridge. We honey-mooned near Nanaimo at her folks' vacation place. That was 1969!

Ah!! First wife from Deathbridge eh! THe windy city. Nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there. LOL!!!
In that part of the country you can watch your dog run away for 3 days!!!

looks great, yeah dunno about finding a touring around here.. but will be open to the idea.. assuming it comes in around same as a glass body.. or what not.. anyhow good to know you fit.
how long is it from the firewall to the back of the body? im six foot four 240lbs..

thanks.

That's a good looking body! Nice start on the project--I'm a big fan of the '26's and '27 with tapered rails. :thumb:

Welcome!

In that part of the country you can watch your dog run away for 3 days!!!

Now thats Funny !!!!

Awesome picture. I lived in Edmonton and surrounding area. I prefer the much warmer climate down south. I am oilfield trash as well :) .

Come on back. Not fished out. Last years salmon run broke all existing records. They couldn't produce enough ice to pack them in when caught to keep up with the supply.
This year might be the same. Nuthin' like fresh salmon cooked on a cedar plank on the BBQ.

Come on back. Not fished out. Last years salmon run broke all existing records. They couldn't produce enough ice to pack them in when caught to keep up with the supply.
This year might be the same. Nuthin' like fresh salmon cooked on a cedar plank on the BBQ.

Salmon is the best right out of the boat and onto the grill. We wrap it in tinfoil with some butter and brown sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back