Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old new guy from Maryland

John Dayton

I finally got through the registering process and can finally see what is happening here. I am a 64 year old guy just starting my first T bucket. I bought all the bits and pieces a couple of days ago. It will be in my garage within the next week or so. It was a complete car that just needs to be assembled. I will probably try to post a build thread as soon as I get going.
I have a 26 T coupe that is as close to period correct 1962 as I can get it. That's it in the avatar

I finally got through the registering process and can finally see what is happening here. I am a 64 year old guy just starting my first T bucket. I bought all the bits and pieces a couple of days ago. It will be in my garage within the next week or so. It was a complete car that just needs to be assembled. I will probably try to post a build thread as soon as I get going.
I have a 26 T coupe that is as close to period correct 1962 as I can get it. That's it in the avatar
Welcome form NH

Welcome if building your own start checking on getting it titled some times that can be a process. Not to rain on your parade just a little reality.
either way enjoy you build and ask lots of questions.

Nice to have you here John .Who's kit did you get? Keep the pic,s coming when you start.

John,

Welcome to the site. I am north of Towson, where are you located?

Bruce

Welcome from Northern Illinois John, I'm looking forward to following your build.

Track T, I recognize your car from Lowes........nice roadster.
I live on the northeast side of the Baltimore beltway in Parkville MD
As for my T bucket, it was started in the early 70's by a guy named Frank Morawski. Frank was the mold maker for Anderson Industries ( AI Fiberglass, Elkridge MD ). The body is a one off 1917 body on a custom chassis from California. The car has carried a clear Maryland Title for over 30 years so the title thing is not going to be a big deal.
Here is where the car has been sitting for the last 20 years. And yes, that is the Super Bell Coupe in the background....cool roommate for the roadster pickup........not to mention the Shelby 500 GTKR in front of the coupe
roadsterpickup016.jpg

here is a back shot

roadsterpickup011.jpg

It has a jag rear suspension
roadsterpickup009a.jpg

a good bit of the front suspension is polished stainless steel ( not the axle..........damn !!! )
roadsterpickup013a.jpg

it has a 350 with a turbo 350 trans.....both fresh rebuilds............and chrome weed burner headers ( wrapped in 1973 newspaper )

roadsterpickup023a.jpg

So now you get an idea of what I am starting with. The plan is to build the car, let the wife drive it for a while and then sell it. We have decided on Wimbledon White body, grill and motor with a dark maroon frame and trim. I also got 4 brand new centerline wheels with it. The rear 15 X 12 are still new in a box. Here is one of the fronts
roadsterpickup024.jpg

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will try not to disappoint anyone with this build

John,
Good to see another T coming up in the area, I'll be anxious to watch your build. I've seen the Super Bell coupe at Lowes, is it yours? The first time I saw it I was surprised to see it on the east coast.
Bruce

No, it is owned by Frank Morawski who lives in Bel Air MD. He also owns the Carrillo Roadster that was at Pebble Beach in 2010......got help on the restoration of that 23 T.........he also owns Curly's Merc. Tex Smith wrote a book called The Definitive book on chopping a 51 Merc........as done by Rod Powell's shop in the 60's. Frank drags that into Lowes as well

images

sorry about getting off topic with all this

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back