Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Opinions

Johnny

I know everyone has an opinion about everything and sometimes it can drive a person NUTS! I was reading the post where someone is using the Fram canister fuel filter. I thought, "That's a dang good idea!" Well, I got on Google to find the lowest price possible.(Cheap SOB, that I am) and I start reading all kinds of posts that say this filter is crap, due to it using a paper filter. Some say it will come apart and get into the engine and screw it up! Some say to use only steel screen filter elements. Some say Fram works great!

Now, I know some of you fellas are using it. Have you had any problems? Anyone using a canister fuel filter with a steel screen element?

Like I said before, sometimes reading too many posts can drive you bloody mad!

What to do? What to do?

Well , you want cheap, I'm using the professional products version of the fram unit , no problems after 8 years .

dave

I've had one on my '37 since '03 and on my T since'05 and have had absolutely NO problems.

Jim

I'll go out on a limb and say that MOST fuel filters use a paper element...

Fram is a good company and I am sure they do their research on their products.
[/qu

From the cynical side, about the only thing most co.'s research anymore is how can they make it cheaper , and how much more can they charge & get away with it , my opinion

dave

I've ran an SX Performance filter with a stainless steel element for 20 years: SX

Pull the element and clean it yearly.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back