Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Our future

Old Rotor Flap

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
As some of you know, I am a volunteer tutor in the machine shop at a vocational high school.

We decided to have the class watch the recent launch of the last trip for the space shuttle on the big screen in the classroom.

When our instructor announced this was the last time we'd see Dicovery, one kid said he didn't know the Discovery Channel was going off the air.

As we watched the countdown, one kid asked where they were going and I said Tulsa.

We were watching NASA Television where there is a NASA Logo in the upper right corner of the screen - the planet with several rings around it.

I asked if anyone had heard of Disney Cruises where they take passenger to a Disney owned island. I said NASA has there own planet.... up there in the corner of the screen and they're going there.....

One of the counselors popped in and also didn't know the shuttle was going to the ISS.

Our students spend a half a day at their home high school and a half a day with us.I don't know what they teach in those other schools.... but I really wonder sometimes.
I recently substituted at another high school in their metals and wood working shops. They have a small aluminum foundry and I thought, of boy castings. Them I thought, do I really want to be anywhere near a high school student with molten aluminum.

These are the future . Admittedly I don't see the students who will be going on college.

Two of our minority students didn't even bother watching the lauch. They were in the shop chatting.

As some of you know, I am a volunteer tutor in the machine shop at a vocational high school.

We decided to have the class watch the recent launch of the last trip for the space shuttle on the big screen in the classroom.

When our instructor announced this was the last time we'd see Dicovery, one kid said he didn't know the Discovery Channel was going off the air.

As we watched the countdown, one kid asked where they were going and I said Tulsa.

We were watching NASA Television where there is a NASA Logo in the upper right corner of the screen - the planet with several rings around it.

I asked if anyone had heard of Disney Cruises where they take passenger to a Disney owned island. I said NASA has there own planet.... up there in the corner of the screen and they're going there.....

One of the counselors popped in and also didn't know the shuttle was going to the ISS.

Our students spend a half a day at their home high school and a half a day with us.I don't know what they teach in those other schools.... but I really wonder sometimes.
I recently substituted at another high school in their metals and wood working shops. They have a small aluminum foundry and I thought, of boy castings. Them I thought, do I really want to be anywhere near a high school student with molten aluminum.

These are the future . Admittedly I don't see the students who will be going on college.

Two of our minority students didn't even bother watching the lauch. They were in the shop chatting.
Just think they get to vote soon also.

Watch them trying to make change in fast food joints and stores. If they didn't have a cash register to give them the amount, they would be completely lost in space. As it is, they're only partially lost, trying to figure out what coins will add up to 44¢.

But you know, until teachers are allowed to resume control of their classrooms and start cracking some knuckles with rulers, the students are going to do what they will. Which means they will learn n-o-t-h-i-n-g. And since the schools are only there to hand out diplomas, rather than to actually teach...

Rick: I think some of them have already voted. LOL p.s. My Daughter is a high school teacher and I wish she could read this thread. She agrees completely .

Watch Madison Wisconsin. Saying it without political sayings.:eek:hthedrama:

Shows up on MINE though...

and Bannination ensues.

{thumbs up}

My wife is a public school teacher in Tn. I have seen and heard it all.

The people running the schools need to grow a pair. I would not last a week until I would be on the local 10:00 news. The admin are all running scared of getting sued or the ACLU. Mike you are right when you have no discipline or control you cannot teach. Last week one of these students told my wife the class was F?*#@ing stupid. What did the school do? nothing. I graduated in 65 and what would have happend to me if I had said that? I would have been exspelled and my Dad would have whipped the daylights out of me. These punks all have their Mamas on speed dial if a teacher does anything in the way of correction or discipline the mom's are there pleading little Johnny's case . It is the same Mom's you see on TV when there son has commited some crime and they are saying my son would not do such a thing.

I could rant on and on but it would become boring. What scares me is what is ahead for my kids and I hope to God I do not end up in a nursing home with one these idiots taking care of me or my wife.

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said: 'Let me see if I've got this right.

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning. 'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride. 'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job. 'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams. 'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card. 'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?

Shows up on MINE though...

and Bannination ensues.

{thumbs up}

We need to ban the one in the picture. :jester:

As some of you know I drive a school bus. Last Thursday they caught a 10 year old girl with a 5th of Vodka. Oh you would not believe what we find on the bus, and the language these kids use, and girls are worse than the boys. The administrators are afraid of the parents, that they might get sued.

Rotor Flap,

I found the answer 19 years ago while living in Fort Worth. HOME SCHOOL! After looking over the out of control school system I decided that I could teach my son how to rob 7-11s, do driveby shootings and throw his life away and save money at the same time. Best move we ever made. My wife took on most of the teaching task and I could not be prouder. Texas is a very friendly home school state as should all states be. Something for you younger guys to think about.

George

My wife works in a middle school where the new Young highly educated principal has taken a no discipline approach to running the school as to not upset the parents of the misbehaver's because in his words "Its all about perception". On Friday a 14 year old told the lunch lady to go "f" herself. upon reporting this to the principle she was told that her proper response should be to look at the student and tell him to "have a nice day". This idiot recently invited the local newspaper in to do a story on how the suspension rate has gotten significantly lower since he took charge. He left out the part that he achieved this by not disciplining anybody. This school right now is totally out of control as the inmates are running the asylum! God help us all!

I was an elementary school teacher and everything you say is very true! There are very few and far between non-liberal teachers. Most all of the Administration is Liberal, and they are dumbing down our education system every day! My students had no doubt that I was a Republican and I was always in trouble with the powers that be for trying to discipline my students, and teach them that the real world is not a la de da feel good about yourself place. You need to know things to get ahead in this place.

I'm retired now, and I am so glad not to have to listen to all the whining, griping and complaining about all the homework, studying, and discipline my students had to go through. And, that was from most of the PARENTS!

I am really worried about the kids education they are getting now. A lot of them are dumber than dirt, and it's not their fault. Education system is run by the liberals and they are doing so much damage to our country! It is very scary to see all this happening so quickly, too.

Here are some examples from our local school system -

They want to eliminate the current grading system, so that students either get one of two grades. They will either be scored with a "Good" or a "Needs More Work". With our current system, a student could actually receive a <GASP> failing grade. Oh the horror. Can you imagine having to tell a young student they have failed at something? You just cannot twist their formative minds into accepting their own failures.

So tell me, how are students to ever recognize the opportunities school presents, if we fail to reward the ones who excel and fail the ones who deserve it?

They're also considering the possibility of either A) removing sporting activities at the elementary school level, or B) eliminating all score keeping at games. Hey! If we keep score, that means one team is going to come out as winners. And, horror of horrors, one team is going to come out as losers. We cannot have losers, that is just wrong.

But when these molly-coddled, widdle kiddies gets out into the real world, they are going to learn real quickly the winners earn livings whilst the losers end up on the dole.

A buddy of mine was a teacher in the Indianapolis school district. He ended up with a terribly challenged student in one of his classes. I'm here to tell you, some of the challenges this youngster was facing could bring tears to your eyes. I cannot recall the exact number, but there are something like 34 or 35 possible birth defects that can beset a child. And this young man was only one defect short of having all of them. This poor child had to be fed through a tube, he was paralyzed, one arm was little more than a flipper, he had two rows of teeth, etc. He was just a mess, which sounds much colder than I wish. The point is that this child was getting absolutely nothing out of being hauled into school each day, with two assistants assigned to move him from class to class, making sure his wheelchair-mounted ventilator and defibrillator were plugged into the wall when he arrived at his next class. And this child's parents had the balls to threaten both Mike and the school with a lawsuit, charging them with not providing enough individualized instruction to their child. The day after this revelation, Mike walked into his classroom to discover one of the boys standing up on a computer desk, urinating into a computer monitor, directly in front of the rest of the class. Mike turned around, walked to the office and quit, on the spot.

Too many parents look at the local school system as being government-subsidized day care for their children and nothing else.

When my son was 11 or 12, I was going through a divorce and I was renting a house. Billy was playing the flame-thrower trick with a can of air freshener and some matches and managed to set fire to some siding on the house. Thankfully, he manged to extinguish the fire and no one was injured. That night, I spanked that child's backside until my hand was hurting. He stormed across the room and flung himself down on the couch (which astonished me, because if his arse hurt like my hand, sitting on it was a miracle) and informed me that I could not hit him. I explained he had been spanked, but if he wanted to push his luck, I was certainly angry enough to hit him. The next day, guess who got a phone call from Child Protective Services? :rolleyes: The young lady explained I could not spank my own child. Can you imagine? I asked her if she was volunteering to move in with us to handle his punishment from that day forward. When she said she wasn't, I then asked her if she was done wasting my time. She apologized for making the call and hung up. And ol' Mike never heard another word about it. The school officials all try to put up this tough front, but when this young lady realized I wasn't going to back down, she left me alone.

When I was a lad, the old boy never hesitated to spank my backside. It didn't happen much, because I tried to make sure it wouldn't. When he would get done with me, there was no way sitting down was an option. One day, I had really pushed my luck and then was so bold as to interrupt him to smart off to him. He back-handed me and knocked me across the room. And you know, he never had to lay another hand on me after that day. That was all it took to make me understand he was in charge and I needed to never forget it, ever again.

Can you imagine the sentence you would serve for back-handing a child in this day and age? I bet your children know exactly what that sentence is.

I told my boys when they got smart with me . Don't even think of calling child services if they want child services called I will call and they can start packing. Oh yeah you don't own anything I bought all your stuff. Never heard any more about it after that day.They got the point I am not going to jail for discipline.

Fifty years of illegal immigration will soon take the US over with cheap labor. Union pension funds have helped add to a real threat of financial collapse. We finally have the first black president in Washington wanting to borrow more money putting the country in a $13 Trillion debt, not that any other president has really helped, all IDIOTS. We are one cyberspace attack or shipping container with a nuclear device away from being a third world nation. My advice: Teach your children to speak Chinese. They are carrying an enormous part of the US debt.

Right on Putz.

We've been blessed, we never had kids. I tell people I never wanted kids 'cause I was afraid they might turn out like me.....
Therefore, I'm not in a position to say how I would have handled kids, but my thoughts are like yours.
If you call child protective services, I hope you like your new home more than did this one.
Mom and I will send you a post card from Hawaii on your birthday because without you around, we can afford to live there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back