Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

paypal

jmr122848

Mike
I have tried twice to send my $5 thru paypal and got a no go! check and see if there is a problem. also if I try to go from the bit on the right of the page instead of the donate button on the top line the numbers are not visible
Mike in ep

The PayPal error is confirmed and I am looking into that. There have been no changes made to the forum script, so it looks as if it might be a PayPal issue. As mentioned, I'm trying to find an answer.

The problem with the invisible donation amounts is also confirmed. There are two ways around the problem -

1) Hover your mouse over the jQuery donation menu, hold down the left mouse button and highlight the text in the menu.

2) Scroll to the bottom-left corner of the page, click on the DXF-Red link and in the resulting jQuery menu, select the Default style.

This is a problem that could be re-coded, to fix it in the DXF-Red and DXF styles, but then the problem would exist in the Default style. The developer of the Donation Manager add-on has been promising to look into the matter, but has been dragging his feet with it. There are some external and internal problems at XenForo, which have led most add-on devs to adopt a wait-and-see attitude. It's not been a big plus for XenForo license holders, but that's where we are, just the now.

OK, the plot thickens.

I have logged into the forums with this account (Mike) on three different systems, using Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, Epiphany, Midori and Opera. In every instance, PayPal shows me an error page. I've tried clearing cookies and it makes no difference, the problem persists.

I have repeated the above process with the Webmaster account and I get the same results.

But, joy of joys, I can log into the forums with my Test account and the donation process carries right through, just as it should.

ppdm001.png

Which leaves me wondering if perhaps PayPal has a persistent session setting that is not being cleared.

Stay tuned.

I've managed to contact the dev for the donation module add-on. He's away from home for the weekend and just as baffled as I. So we're likely not going to see any progress on getting this sorted before the first of the week.

OK, I've just installed a new .xml file and the system is working for me. I tested with two, separate accounts and both failed. I uploaded the new .xml and re-tested with both accounts, with both working as expected.

If anyone is prepared to donate, please respond to this thread with the results you experience. That way I'll know whether I'm on the right track or not.

Mike
thanks, it's working now!:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back