Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

PC Dyno Software

ellis8500

A lot of people ask questions about what cam do I need, how will this intake work, what carb......etc. There is engine analyzer software available that can help answer some of those questions. One of the best one; and it's not cheap, is Engine Analyzer Pro. However, you can download a 10 day trial version that does all the the purchased copy does. This software has been tested and compared to actual dyno runs and it's usually within just a few percent of actual performance. Here's the link.

http://performancetrends.com/

Remember, it's only good for 10 days on your computer and once that time runs out, it cannot be reinstalled later unless you clean your hard drive and reload your operating system. However, if you have an old computer sitting around you could do that and effectively get it for free. So collect your data and give it a try.

Mr Bill,
In the past I always used DesktopDyno, seemed to work well and was within 5% of being right. Comp Cams has one available for FREE called CamQuest. Don't know how accurate it is but it doesn't expire and has updates. Maybe you could run some numbers thru it and see if it's any good............Ron....(ruggs)

I've used CamQuest but it only helps pick a cam. I've also used desktopDyno and it was close to Engine Analyzer sometimes. Engine analyzer seems to be more sensitive to changes and allows one to enter much more data. It also provided a great deal more output. Probably more than most of us would need. But, you can use it for 10 days for free so if you collect some cam data, head flow data, etc. ahead of time, 10 days is plenty of time to do a lot of simulations.

I just bought Desktop Dyno to replace my old Dyno 2000. I didn't read the specs close enough and found that DD didn't cover turbo chargers and superchargers in the version I bought (for $49.95). I phoned them and they said the turbo/supercharger option was available on the $99.99 version. If the Performance Trends software is better than DD then for only $10 more it is probably a good deal. My $.02.

Engine Analyzer Pro 3.9, the really good software, is $469. This is the software used by race team engine builders. Not cheap but very good info. Try it for 10 days. When you try it the first time, you'll see just how complete it is.

Engine Analyzer Pro 3.9, the really good software, is $469. This is the software used by race team engine builders. Not cheap but very good info. Try it for 10 days. When you try it the first time, you'll see just how complete it is.

i was comparing DD to version 3.4 Standard which should be more than adequate for building a strong street motor.

One important thing to remember is they are only as accurate as the data you put in there. The more extensive one can require alot of data that most people don't normally know or have about their engines.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back