Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Photos of your rear

all-world1 said:
Don, beautiful T. You have the same setup that I'm dealing with and I could use a couple of measurements if you have time:

1. Distance between Model A rear crossmember and body
2. How much of the top rail sits inside your body

Thanks

Craig

Ok Craig, I took some measurements for you, but it was tough because the body curves and it depends on where I measured. But pretty much it is 13 inches from the front of the rear crossmember to the back of the body. That would be the space where the tank lays. As for how much of the frame rails sit inside the body, about 50% of the rail shows, so about 1.5 inches is inset.

Like the one picture shows we just tucked enough of the frame into slits we cut in the body so that the frame would look like it was not just stuck out there, but rather part of the body. The pictures below shows how I glassed in a piece of plywood as a seat back and it gave a pocket for the frame kickup to fit into. Hope this helps.

Don

tseatrisersfiberglassedin008-2-1.jpg

The blue in the picture below is masking tape on the frame to keep resin off. It will show you how far the kickup goes into the body.

twoodingcontinued3001.jpg

This picture shows how the tunnel I built for the kickup to rest in looked after glassing and painting.

tbodybackfrompaintshop012.jpg

Great pics Don, thanks for those and the dimensions.

Because of the A-crossmember, I'm a little more comfortable now in where I'm going to place the body when mocking up engine/trans/body etc.

Nooooooo......my eyes, my eyes!!!! :eek::eek::eek: (This posted out of sequence, I was referring to Barnbike's posts).

Fuel Tanks

While we are on this subject of Fuel Tank's, here are some links out of my favorites file, they may be of some help to someone... I'm sure there are lots of others out there but these I have gleened from other car sites and guys have used them and made good reports of their service...... "BH"

Fuel Tanks And Hydraulic Oil Tanks For Trucks ( volumn calculator)

Coyote-Gear.Com

bugsandbuggies.com - online shopping for parts for VW's and Dune Buggies.

The Hot Rod Company - Your home for streetrod, rat rod, hot rod parts, Stromberg carburetors, polished aluminum skull exhaust tips / scoops, rod & Kulture, flathead, ford v8, rolls & pleats, magneto

My son got a fuel tank off a piece of junk farm machinery for his 22 dodge lakester...We used a hyd tank out af a large dump truck for the Willys. It was a perfect fit. I saw an aluminum tank in the back of travis's 27 T pickup at paseo 3 or 4 years ago.. He said it was a water tank out of an old rv. the owner always drained the tank after each trip and was very clean.

IMG_0705.jpg

I used an 11 gallon tank, bolted a plate across and cut a hole in the center with a 90 degree elbow and used stainless tubing

This T is my Dads I got the body for him a year ago I saw it on the side of a garadge and knocked on the door and a lady said I could have it. My dad went back to the house and bought the rest of the stuff for a song and dance.But any way here is the rear.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back