Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pops was a Roadster Man!

Beverly Newton

Wire Spoke Wheels 18x3.5 web.jpg Hi...My name is Beverly and I live in the upper desert. My father in law (Chuck Newton) lived most of his life in Chino, California, and spent most of his time working on his 1919 Dodge Roadster. Unfortunately he passed away a year ago and we miss him dearly. We recently cleaned out his house and brought home some of his roadster parts. I was looking for some help...I have searched and have been unable to find the wheels he had on his roadster. Can someone help me identify & value these rims? They are 18" x 3.5" 40 wire spoke front end spindal mount wheels. I looked for any identifying marks, but found none. We also have the bearings and everything else that goes with them (knock off spinners, Air Heart 175s). Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Look like Hallcrafts to me. For some reason they quit making the 18" wheels now all you can get new are 16". Haven't seen any for sale lately, but if the chrome is good on the wheels and the brakes are not frozen up I would start asking about $900.00.

Look like Hallcrafts to me. For some reason they quit making the 18" wheels now all you can get new are 16". Haven't seen any for sale lately, but if the chrome is good on the wheels and the brakes are not frozen up I would start asking about $900.00.
Thank you...I had no idea of the value...I searched all over the internet and there were none to be found...no wonder why my pops treated them like prize trophies :) Thanks again, Beverly

Dang, I miss my wires! Those look to be in great shape.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back