Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Power brake upgrade.

oino

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I upgraded to power brakes.
I'm going to try and be brief in explaining this.

I wanted power brakes, my setup from spirit was for manual. Being that I can't weld or have a welder to try. :(
I did some google searchs.
I found this site.

http://www.fordfalcon2000.com/restoration/powerbrakes.htm

Use a geo metro power brake booster and master cylinder.
I figured if I can stop a ford falcon, it can stop a t-bucket.

$26 at the pick-a-part and I got it out of a 1994 metro.

Made the hole bigger in the center and drilled the 4 mounting holes, in the mount.
Bolted it in, ran the vacuum, made small brake line changes, bleed the lines. :hooray:Works GREAT.

I upgraded to power brakes.
I'm going to try and be brief in explaining this.

I wanted power brakes, my setup from spirit was for manual. Being that I can't weld or have a welder to try. :(
I did some google searchs.
I found this site.

http://www.fordfalcon2000.com/restoration/powerbrakes.htm

Use a geo metro power brake booster and master cylinder.
I figured if I can stop a ford falcon, it can stop a t-bucket.

$26 at the pick-a-part and I got it out of a 1994 metro.

Made the hole bigger in the center and drilled the 4 mounting holes, in the mount.
Bolted it in, ran the vacuum, made small brake line changes, bleed the lines. :hooray:Works GREAT.
O.K., so did you move? Is the T drivable and have you driven it yet? Do you have pictures of the work in progress? Did you ever advance the initial timing? Not buggin' you, just really curious. I imagine you are really busy.

John

I'm hoping to move real soon. I have in interview with kansas city, MO and Lincoln, NE. on Tuseday. If one of them let me transfer. Then I'm ready to go. I have a u-haul res. for next Thursday.

I'll get alot more pics up after I get moved. Things are just nuts around here.

I'm hoping to move real soon. I have in interview with kansas city, MO and Lincoln, NE. on Tuseday. If one of them let me transfer. Then I'm ready to go. I have a u-haul res. for next Thursday.

I'll get alot more pics up after I get moved. Things are just nuts around here.

Good luck on the interviews and move, looking forward to the pics after the move.

Hey there OINO, hope that things work out for you dude, keep us informed.

On the power brakes, as long as you got her anchored good, got a good linkage going to it, all your lines hooked up and not sucking air and its bled right, you shouldn't have a problem.

I put a remote power brake booster in a Gazelle thats got about 475 horses under the bonnet. Its in the truck...Had to run my vaccuum lines all the way to the truck...SS of course....one of my little fellas in the shop cut up a butt load of my rubber tubing and I had to flare up on him. Rubber tubing, long pieces, will collapse under vaccuum. Then I just ran the lines from the MC to the booster, then hooked them up, then from the booster to the wheels.....

Twin turboed Mustang II motor in it. The little things scarey....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back