Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

qa1 coilovers

Youngn

hi i was reading a older post and you had qa1's for $150 i was wondering if that was still the price and also if they came in black?

thanks
youngn

hi i was reading a older post and you had qa1's for $150 i was wondering if that was still the price and also if they came in black?

thanks
youngn
That price i believe was from Ron @ rpm

I just bought a set of these from Ron, very nice looking. The car is still in pieces so I can't tell you how they ride, but everyone I have talked to swears by them (as opposed to at them like some other brands).

Please remember that the farther forward of the rear housing (springs) the softer they ride... So keep this in mind when designing your mounting brackets... :)

Ted, don't most all coil/coilover setups run behind the axle? just my observation.........dave

I do believe most people want looks over ride or even traction... Heavy cars can mount the spring behind the housing, but not really great for the lighter cars, unless you find real long coils and shocks that are not that strong... Also, don't forget, the farther back they are, the more they have to travel when going over a bump or dip, farther forward they travel less, remember the nut cracker effect... LEVERAGE

Ted, I'm having a hard time understanding this front of the axle softer ride theory. Can you dumb it down a little for me? It seems the leverage is less the closer the shocks get to the pivot of the control rods, is that the desired condition? Foggy minds want to know!

Think of just how a nut is cracked in a nutcracker, the closer you put the nut to the pivot point, the easier to crack, same goes for springs and shocks, it all boils down to leverage... Use it to your advantage...
soapbox.gif

NO! The front wheels are a the end of the handle that you are using to crack that nut (spring) the front of the frame is the other handle end, the main pivot that the handles connect to is where the radius rods pivots at the frame... and anywhere between the front axle and that end pivot, is where you mount the springs and shocks, to get the ride you want...
ohthedrama.gif
hehe :)

NO! The front wheels are a the end of the handle that you are using to crack that nut (spring) the front of the frame is the other handle end, the main pivot that the handles connect to is where the radius rods pivots at the frame... and anywhere between the front axle and that end pivot, is where you mount the springs and shocks, to get the ride you want...
ohthedrama.gif
hehe :)
Come on Ted draw a nuycracker picture to illistrate your thoughts

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back