Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Questions

jestermetalwerx

im doing a spring behind axle setup i have a lucky 7 4 inch drop axle and using 32 ford wishbones the shackle is binding a little is it normal

Probably. The bracket that goes through the wishbone bracket is at 90 degrees to the bolt, but when you pull the radius rods together to get to the frame, you twist the eye of the spring. What you can do is get the adjustable one from Posies ($$$) or drill the hole in the bat wing at the correct angle, get everything bolted together and weld the bracket to the bat wing. Tack it and remove the shackle so you don't burn up the bushing!

If I understand you correctly TOTAL used to make frt. shackles with a 4 degree angle or something like that.

Could you post a picture or two of your modification? Mine has a bit of bind, not sure if I would manufacture or modify to make it work better.; I was thinking of making a tapered shim that fit between the spring and the mount....or am I getting this confused?

I made the shackle the one I bought had one fixed side and one removable one I just made it with 2 removable side and work good still a hair of a bind but livable

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back