Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Quick Change artist

PotvinGuy

Staff member
I've been running straight-cut gears in my QC rear, but read that helical gears might be quieter. Called Winters Performance and had a nice chat and they have helical gears that will fit my Halibrand QC. So I got a set and put them in today and went for a ride. Whoa...something seriously weird here...where's the whine? It's gone! I mean completely. Quite a difference after 20 years.

The new gears give a 3.19 final vs 2.60 for the old gears, and that makes the car zippier around town, but will probably lower mileage a bit.

Came at a good time; off to Green Bay, WI next week for the T-bucket Nats, and it will be a much nicer trip without the whine, plus the steering redo I did recently. Now to add the cruise control, the Sirius radio and the heated massaging seats...

Some pics of the switch: https://picasaweb.google.com/104971212334307682869/QCWinters

How bout a/c seats? It will be interesting on the mileage. Let us know how it works out. Couldn't get the pictures to work, said page not found.
Lee

Mileage may get better there Potvin guy! , as the motor may get "up on the cam" and be in a rev range that it likes and everything is running smoothly. I've found that in one car I owned, as it must have been lugging the motor a bit , and mileage increased with a slightly lower gear. Not sure what your trans/tire/ combo is though. cheers

Be sure and install the cruise control soon, I need to steal some
ideas and it might as well be you! hehehe!:whistling:

That's odd, it works for me. Mike, any ideas?
I get the same error. I edited the URL, and managed to get into your Picasa Gallery, but I do not see an album entitled QCWinters. The new bedroom album is the most recent one in your gallery.

Just between you, me and the fencepost, Picasa sucks. I don't particularly care for the way Goober pulls in photos from a Goober+ account, and posts them to Picasa. And then, they make it as convenient as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, to use the photos elsewhere. :thumbsdown:

P1000596.JPG

Yeah, I can sort how to do it, but the average Web user would get lost, trying to sort it out. If ever you want to know how to do it, I can show you, easy enough. But why jump through Goober's flaming hoops, when album sites like Photobucket, Imgur, Shutterfly, DeviantArt, and others make it so doggone easy?

Seriously, for $60 a year, you can get a DigitalOcean Droplet to store photos on. Pretty hard to beat that price. No, it's not an over-abundance of resources, but 20 GB of SSD storage, and 1 TB of transfer makes it a steal. Then it suddenly becomes a case of your photos, stored on your resources, to be used the way you decide.

(Would you believe that blonde is my sister? Yeah. And let me tell you, Mom used to make us take baths together. It was perfectly awful. And yes, I am pulling your leg.)

Good pics, at least you did not get dirty working on that T. How did you handle the speedo change, electronic?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back