Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Quiet as possible exhaust

I assume you are talking about zoomie headers. Most guys use motorcycle baffles that go inside each tube. They have achieved varying success. It’s just hit and miss. Look at Sanderson headers. I think they are US. made and the standard of the industry(in my opinion).

If you go with chrome, be sure to take measures to keep them from turning blue. This is what I did, and that was over two years ago, and still no bluing on my Speedways.

Before installing the headers, get some high temp ceramic paint from your local auto parts store and spray the inside of the header tubes liberally. Then (very important) cure the paint according to the directions on the can(s). If you do this you will get no bluing of the chrome, even the cheap chrome that now comes on new headers.

20230616_143926.jpg

I saw pictures of Ted Brown's car once that had mufflers on it. It still looked great and I'm sure it quieted it down a lot. I've been thinking of putting a set of chamber mufflers on my car for the same reason. I did find a picture of Ted's car.

Attachments

• TEDBROWN10-vi.jpg
    TEDBROWN10-vi.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7
I have glass packs on my 454 daily driver. I like the sound. They are 3 1/2” in diameter. I’m going to try to get 4” collectors for my headers and put them inside. My original car had Sanderson headers and the muffler had the 3 bolt header flange welded to it and it was sandwiched between the header flange and the turnout so it could be removed. I liked that setup.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back