Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Header recommendations

spartacus

So I'm torn on what headers to get. I really love the Zoomie Boom style of headers but prefer stainless if reasonable. I want something unique but can still be daily driven. Does anyone have some recommendations without welding anything?

Kind of curious about exhaust too that will quiet it enough for daily driving but not destroy the awesome sound of straight pipes. But that's not a requirement.

Well, if you want zoomies, get some zoomies, thats what its all about. Be prepared to fight the noise and to get burned, cause you will no matter how careful you be....
I call the damn things ankle biters.... Really, they aren't too bad to quieten down. They will never be as low as muffled pipes, but you can get them decentently quiet.....
Lake pipes are good, fenderwell exit headers for gassers have the appeal for my tastes. Been around zoomies my whole life, been burned by the many hundreds of times....noise doesn't bother me anymore since I'm pratically deaf....
Build a mild low compression blown 350 with zoomies and things will be decent.
Now, that same 350, add a solid lifter rollercam in the .650 + range and something above 10.0 compression, things will start to get very loud very fast....

So I'm torn on what headers to get. I really love the Zoomie Boom style of headers but prefer stainless if reasonable. I want something unique but can still be daily driven. Does anyone have some recommendations without welding anything?

Kind of curious about exhaust too that will quiet it enough for daily driving but not destroy the awesome sound of straight pipes. But that's not a requirement.
You don't say anything about what you would be willing to spend. This path is not cheap, but certainly comes up with something unique looking.

You would not need to measure all the engine parameter like I did, just design them to look good.

I saw a set of cast dual outlet exhaust manifolds advertised on market place last week. They were reportedly made for nascar in the 50’s, 60’s, per the ad. Never seen them before. I almost bought them to put with the other treasures I’ll likely never use but keep because it’s cool. They were sbc.

I saw a set of cast dual outlet exhaust manifolds advertised on market place last week. They were reportedly made for nascar in the 50’s, 60’s, per the ad. Never seen them before. I almost bought them to put with the other treasures I’ll likely never use but keep because it’s cool. They were sbc.
That's cool!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back