Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiator cushion

skinny mike

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
How is your radiator cushioned? Is it with springs or rubber or what? Has it lasted longer than a drive around the block? Also, are the "steady rods" cushioned? I've been struggling with my mount ideas since the rad needs to be lowered quite a bit. Have a lot of discarded ideas at this point. Oh, yeah.. it's an aluminum rad with the tabs on the sides.

Mine is mounted solidly to the frame and been on the road for seven years with no sign of trouble.

Jim

Mines mounted with rubber isolation , the radiator shell and hoses hold it in place , 18 yrs , 50,000 miles. Had 4 tube to bulkhead (all 4 corners) leak , epoxied them 13 years ago. No problem since ...

Mounted solid to the frame with a support rod running from the side of the radiator (near the top) to the firewall.

Mine is mounted on Belting Rubber to the frame and it has 30,000 miles. The radiator is braced to the motor with short rods.

Huh! I always thought solid mounting would induce stress/vibration cracks. Been over 30 years since I changed a radiator and, don't remember paying attention to any isolaters, if any.Out with the old, in with the new. This "rebuild" has caused me to think about how some things need to be done. Hey...thanks for the feedback. I feel better!!

My first T had solid mounts with no problem, My present T has spring on bottom, but the radiator hoses support the radiator.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back