Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiator location

Looks better to me moved back. It sure leaves a lot of unused nothingness up front. I went through the same thing on my delivery build. I completely changed my grill to a more filling grill to hide the nothing, or wasted space. Maybe a Moon type tank upfront? Yes, the grill does need to be lowed at least an inch in my minds eye. Good looking build by the way.
Lee

looks a little high, compared to the top of the fire wall.

Looks much better. I have to agree with everyone else that it does need to be lowered. Like choppedtop said, maybe a nice little overflw tank up front ,to fill in the extra room in front of the radiator.

Yeah, I do like the idea of a small overflow tank. What size do y'all think would be good?

Thanks, guys

Hey, Eric, ya need to come over when ya get a chance.

Yeah, I do like the idea of a small overflow tank. What size do y'all think would be good?

I put a 2 gallon in my model A. It seems to be semi-proportionate. In another thread Screaming Metal mentioned making a tool box out of one. If you could do that and still have it look like a tank it might be a nice storage compartment.

Also, another question about using one of these tanks for overflow. Will just the one fitting on the bottom be all that is needed so after water is pushed in, it will return to radiator after cooling?

Thanks

What would be neat move the headlights back with the radiator and maybe a hood and you know have a Lakes Modified I love the looks of those cars just a thought but it does look better moved back good call

An aluminum shroud to hide the fans. Headlights would look good moved back to center on the shell.

Maybe a touch higher, but I used a level and it is still showing lower than cowl. I think I like it there.

It is PERFECT in the position shown and using the masking tape in the best way to show it. IMHO

Jim

Well, alright then! Thanks guys for your help and your comments.
Going to Metal Supermarket Monday to get a perforated steel sheet to use as my radiator shell insert. Don't want any rocks hittin my radiator.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back