Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

radius rods

Track-T said:
speaking of radius rods here's my fronts...modified speedways
hairpin2a.jpg

Some flexability is needed in radius rods, rather than to break things, that is also why big rubber bushings are needed at all suspension mounting connections to the axles and frame... Something has got to give when ever the car leans, like driveways and corners and such... Just a word for safety and comfort...

Blown T I see you like long front rods also.. :D You really should get rid of the heim joints, as they will break things and themselves. Like I said earler, whenever you car leans, something HAS to GIVE... Spring Rubber or large 4 bar bushings do just that... The life you save my be mine.. hehe

they are. The rear of the rear radius rods are bushed rod ends between two 1/4" plates and gussets. No metal to metal. Been like that since 1991 when I built it. I just replced my old rear bars with a new set I had Ron build. Always wanted a set with the diagonal bracing. I replaced them with new HD front heims and new bushed rod ends on the rear. The old rubber bushings were old brittle and cracked. Good thing I replaced them. I will replace the bushings in about 5 years this next time.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back