Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ray Sisemore Car Craft "How To Build a Hot Rod

dmc3113

Sometime ago someone posted about the series that ran from Nov.of 1964 thur July of 1965.I have found Parts 1,2,3 and 8.Does anyone have copies of the entire series? There was also an Argus Publications book that followed a "T"
Bucket build by Jim Kirby's Challenger Street Rod Components in the early seventies. I would be interested in this
book also. Just a side note Jim Kirby sells on ebay under the name skinhead661 and also has a fabrication shop in Terhacapi, CA. High Mountain Fabrication is the name. I have his phone number and email address if anyone would like to see what he has in the way of frames, suspenion parts, and misc. mounts.

Check with y-block. I believe he has the Sisemore series in a pdf. The Kirby publication comes up every once in a while on e-bay. There was one about 2 weeks ago that sold for 5 bucks and some change. I have the mag but no way to copy it. Y-block might have that one also.

Ron

Check with y-block. I believe he has the Sisemore series in a pdf. The Kirby publication comes up every once in a while on e-bay. There was one about 2 weeks ago that sold for 5 bucks and some change. I have the mag but no way to copy it. Y-block might have that one also.

Ron
What was the title of the book following the Jim Kirby build? Thanks for the information.

Sometime ago someone posted about the series that ran from Nov.of 1964 thur July of 1965.I have found Parts 1,2,3 and 8.Does anyone have copies of the entire series? There was also an Argus Publications book that followed a "T"
Bucket build by Jim Kirby's Challenger Street Rod Components in the early seventies. I would be interested in this
book also. Just a side note Jim Kirby sells on ebay under the name skinhead661 and also has a fabrication shop in Terhacapi, CA. High Mountain Fabrication is the name. I have his phone number and email address if anyone would like to see what he has in the way of frames, suspenion parts, and misc. mounts.

I started collecting a few of them and need a few of themonths too. I was planning on scanning them and assembling them for a complete set. If anyone has these scanned I woudl be interested as well. I'll look and see which months I have.

The mag was "How to Build a Street rod". The copyright is 1976. It also has the Duece coup and the '33 pick up projects from Popular Hotrodding. The Sisemore series would be great if you're building a '60's period car but it is pretty dated. At one time, around '70, it would have been a cheap build.

Ron

I have the whole artical send m your email and i'll send it to you.(tbucket_rick@yahoo.com)

I built my bucket back in 67, I got the idea from a series of articles I read in Car Craft magazine. I've got this cut away picture from the article but don't know if it's from the same one you're talking about.

CarCraftProjectT.jpg

My bucket

IMG_2298.jpg

Rick, if this is from the article that you posted the link to then I'd like to get a copy of it. If I pay the $9.95 they're asking for can I download it?

I built my bucket back in 67, I got the idea from a series of articles I read in Car Craft magazine. I've got this cut away picture from the article but don't know if it's from the same one you're talking about.

CarCraftProjectT.jpg

My bucket

IMG_2298.jpg

Rick, if this is from the article that you posted the link to then I'd like to get a copy of it. If I pay the $9.95 they're asking for can I download it?
I dont think so but this one is a real good set.Down load it and see.

Telman, That's the bucket Neal East built with the help of the L.A. Roadsters. He was a contrubting editor then. This series was run a few years after the Sisemore series about the time T-Buckets where coming into there own. Word was Neal didn't like the car when it was finished so it was sold a couple months after it was finished.

Ron

Telman, That's the bucket Neal East built with the help of the L.A. Roadsters. He was a contrubting editor then. This series was run a few years after the Sisemore series about the time T-Buckets where coming into there own. Word was Neal didn't like the car when it was finished so it was sold a couple months after it was finished.

Ron
That series was condensed (not much) for one of the hot rod yearbooks (13 or 14) I have it someware but the binding makes it real hard to scan. By the way, I thought it was Scritchfield insead of East, but it's been a while. :shrug2:

You're right it wasn't East. I stand corrected.

Ron

Give me a bit and I will load it up to my site. Oron can be a pain in the rear sometimes with the waiting and the capcha crap.

Okay I uploaded the file in here:

http://netquickposse.org/tbucketeers/

There are now 2 build articles in there, Street Rodders "Budget Bucket", Ricks upload of the Car Craft article.

And of course, Ron (Youngsters) frame plans.

That series was condensed (not much) for one of the hot rod yearbooks (13 or 14) I have it someware but the binding makes it real hard to scan. By the way, I thought it was Scritchfield insead of East, but it's been a while. :shrug2:
It is in the back of Hot Rod Year book 13 This is the build of the Coil Spring car in the picture.The Car Craft series uses a SBC mated to Ford Torque tube drive line.I have some of these books but not all

I looked at those files Keeper and none of them show the plans for the bucket with front coil springs. I recently inhereted two buckets from either side of the family and wouldn't you know it, both of them are of the same design with the front coils. Does anyone know where this specific design originated. I actually have a picture that my grandfather used as his blueprint/guide from a magazine that shows the rolling chassis painted bright yellow.

Bill

I looked at those files Keeper and none of them show the plans for the bucket with front coil springs. I recently inhereted two buckets from either side of the family and wouldn't you know it, both of them are of the same design with the front coils. Does anyone know where this specific design originated. I actually have a picture that my grandfather used as his blueprint/guide from a magazine that shows the rolling chassis painted bright yellow.

Bill
You are looking for "Hot Rod Yearbook#13 for the complete build of the coil sprung T bucket.I have the book but don't know how to scan stuff yet. I have had a copy of this book since it was printed some time around 68! I spent 3 months driving a T built from these articles only using Chevette coils rather than the Corvair coils used in the magazine build.I think the coils transfered road jolts to the frame quicker than a traditional spring would. The front end doesn't pivot on the center with the coils like it would with a leaf spring a bump on either wheel transfers direct to that frame corner.With that said when I got to drive this T it had over 165,000 miles put on it by the previous builder and I would of driven that car anyplace without a second thought!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back